ODMBA OVALS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Luck,

Don,John,Kentley,and Preston.

I hope one day I can get out that way for a good record trials.

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

shoboat said:
Good Luck,
Don,John,Kentley,and Preston.

I hope one day I can get out that way for a good record trials.

Have Fun,

Mark Sholund

71798[/snapback]

Thanks Mark, looks like the weather gods might cut us some slack this weekend. If you get out this way you'll enjoy yourself, Preston does a first rate job on these trials. B)

:)

Good luck guy's

Don thanks for the info you gave me last nite on the phone. It was much appreciated. Cleatus

East Coast Boaters,

Let us know how the record trials went this past weekend, when you have

time? Hope you had some nice weather.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

shoboat said:
East Coast Boaters,
Let us know how the record trials went this past weekend, when you have

time? Hope you had some nice weather.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

71911[/snapback]

Looks like they've got pretty good air but there's a slight breeze from the south-west, maybe it's sheltered from that direction?

The Pond is pretty well protected during a south-west wind, the construction adjacent to the pond, took away some of the wind protection from buoys 4-5-6 during a west wind.

There were lots of leaves in the water to deal with.

Last I was there.....Preston had made a clean sweep of the A- mono . I think I had heard someone say the c-hydro times were busted too. :eek:

I don’t have any specific times

Last edited by a moderator:
izitbrokeyet? said:
The Pond is pretty well protected during a south-west wind, the construction adjacent to the pond, took away some of the wind protection from buoys 4-5-6 during a west wind.
There were lots of leaves in the water to deal with.

Last I was there.....Preston had made a clean sweep of the A- mono and A-hydro.  I think I had heard someone say the c-hydro times were busted too.

I don’t have any specific times

71927[/snapback]

Actually it was the D hydro record. John Finch & I teamed up to knock over a second off of the old record. B)

Preston only ran the A mono but he destroyed the old record by almost 9 seconds!! :eek:

The loss of trees from the construction has definitely affected the pond. We spent more time both days than we would have liked watching 15-20 mph winds blow that we weren't supposed to have. But then again, how often are the weather people actually right. <_<

And yes WAY too many leaves............. :blink:

I'm sure as soon as he relaxes a bit Preston will post all the results. :)

Terry Keeley said:
Excellent, that'll be tough to beat!  Any idea what sort of chute speed you had?
71993[/snapback]

Don

I guess that Five minite expoxy worked pretty good for you!!

sorry i had to leave early and didn't get to see it.

congrats!!

mike

Mike Saleeby said:
Terry Keeley said:
Excellent, that'll be tough to beat!  Any idea what sort of chute speed you had?
71993[/snapback]

Don

I guess that Five minite expoxy worked pretty good for you!!

sorry i had to leave early and didn't get to see it.

congrats!!

mike

71997[/snapback]

Mike-

Thanks, it took alot of thrashing to get it, especially after breakin' it on Saturday. Yeah, the 5 minute epoxy finally dried by Saturday late afternoon. We actually wound up busting all 3 boats, broke the E & F boats on Sunday which when we "donated" the good pipe off the F boat to the lake we said we'd had enough. :unsure:

Terry-

Didn't get any radar readings off the 40 boat at ovals. John figures since we were 2 tenths off the E record speed wise & that boat (John's) was radared coming off the corners in the mid to upper 90's last year he thinkin' low to mid 90's off the corners best guess. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
The wind sucked! Normally it would not have affected us at all but with some trees removed from in front of our tree line really made a huge difference. Usually a south wind wouldn't hit the lake until at least 50 feet off the back SAW and would never blow leaves into the pond. This realization made us appreciate what we had before, what we still have, and what we would like to keep.

Records

Don Ferrette/John Finch - D Hydro - 17.282 sec - 69.436 mph

That's 1.316 seconds off the record! Smok'n!

Preston Hall - A Mono - 31.787 sec - 37.751 mph

The leaves is what kept this boat from doing better. I had to make most runs early when there were no leaves. But I still smoked the record by 8.213 seconds. I set the record using my original motor and then I dropped in a little present from Orlic. Well, the leaves kept me from doing 2 laps but I'll say that you are just pee'n in the wind if you don't have one of these.

Mike Saleeby - XLS 27 Mono - 27.628 sec - 43.434 mph

Mike was out to just get a piece of paper with this time. He really didn't have the time to put a lot of effort into it. Besides, he hasn't run the course in well over a year! :)

Latest posts

Back