Octura X Vs Y Series Props?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyDuncan

What's the difference between the Octura X&Y series props? Also does anyone know the rake angle of X,M,and Y series Octura props?

Thanks, Jimmy

Jimmy,

I will have to measure the rake angle or call Trudy at Octura.

Pretty sure they are around 10 degrees.

The Y-series are 1.5 pitch ratio propellers

So they will have 10% more pitch than a 1.4 series propeller (M-440)

The biggest difference between the X-series and M-Series is the blade area ratio

of the two different series. The M-Series has less blade area than the X-Series. Also

the X-Series has a lot more tongue of leading edge down lower on the blade than the

M-Series. Most of them all have too much cup on the leading edge for great RPM on

Most of our applications.

Keep Testing Different Set Ups,

Mark Sholund

Thanks guys I've never noticed the Y series props until the other day on OSE. Just curious about them might get a few and try them on tunnels.

I used the Y535/536? years ago on the old water cool K&B 3.5 outboards they worked great would not be enough prop for todays motors. I see a Y537/3 on the Octura prop chart.

Jimmy,

My last sentence should read trailing edge cup is too much for our application.

Instead of the Y-series you may want to reduce the diameter on a M-445 instead.

Or revisit the X-442 with rounded tips and reduced to 38mm.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Jimmy,

I will have to measure the rake angle or call Trudy at Octura.

Pretty sure they are around 10 degrees.

The Y-series are 1.5 pitch ratio propellers

So they will have 10% more pitch than a 1.4 series propeller (M-440)

The biggest difference between the X-series and M-Series is the blade area ratio

of the two different series. The M-Series has less blade area than the X-Series. Also

the X-Series has a lot more tongue of leading edge down lower on the blade than the

M-Series. Most of them all have too much cup on the trailing edge for great RPM on

most of our applications.

Keep Testing Different Set Ups,

Mark Sholund

Back