Octura V955/3

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good information John,all V series props are good for record trails.

Nails
default_smile.png
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to straiten out the troth as I call it in the prop and add some rake to the leading edge.

Taking out the hump on the lead in of the troth will take hop out and adding the leading edge curl will hook this prop up.

In its stock form it is not a good heat racing prop. But with the right work all V series props are real fast and good in the corners.

Lay a deep socket in the troth and put it in a vice and squeeze. This will straiten out the troth in the prop and start the rake in the leading edge.

Takes lots of time to get one right but it will pay off.

Charles you are alive!!!!

MY BAD "trough".

Never said I could spell. LOL

I spent the last 2 years hanging around with Eric Canto and he gave me some insight on what a prop dose.

Look at a prop from the front side near the hub to the tip of the blade.

What do you see?

A trough down the middle of the blade. This is where the water runs.

The leading edge will hold it in and divert it out of the trough and on to the back edge.

What dose not get diverted will spill out the tip of the trough.

How you control this water going threw the trough will determine what the prop dose.

If there is a hump in that trough at the start of it the blade will hop and do other funny things. This hump dose not let the water slide threw the trough just pops the blade up giving the hop.

Just my take on how I see the water going over the blade now that I have bin shown the way to look at the prop.

I am very thank full to Eric for the help and insight.

DSCN2023.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back