Oberto 8255 hull

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Betke

Supporting Member
Finally got our new scale in the water this evening. 82 Oberto built off of the ML Boatworks kit. We did a quite a bit to make sure that the C/G stayed as far forward as possible on this and for the first time out, I was very impressed. Very stable and running on a pretty windy day it did not act like it wanted to blow off. The boat milled nice and would come right back up. Might have to add a little weight to the left sponson, but mounting the rudder on the right looks like it helps.

I put some pics on my gallery. Look out D2, Rob's got a boat that he can mill with now and it is pretty quick. I like this one.

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

Ran it again today with a new turn fin that I made and a few strut adjustments later it is race ready. It really lays down nice in the turns. A couple of times it looked a little light, but we can fix that. Very nice boat. Rob will be taking it down to Muncie next weekend so we can see how it runs in race water.

Latest posts

Back