number of boats one can handle at a race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam larvenz

Supporting Member
Hi Every one I have several boats like to try a couple races this year like to take a few to help make a class . Also do not want to drive my self crazy . with to many so i woundered how many the average racer run's on a tipical weekend. Thank's for ur help Adam larvenz

It depends upon how much you want to race and repair or do maint. at the same time, some people will run 6 to 8 boats at a race, and do OK with it but when they have a problem with a boat they normally do not have the time to repair it so they scratch it .and go on the next boat
, I suggest you try three boats at one race and space them so you are not running back to back, that way you can enjoy the sport, and meet new friends.
Walt Barney

It depends how well prepped you come and how easy things are to fix when something breaks. I try to have everything interchangeble, so that whenever something breaks ( and that is usually the case), I can fix it within minutes, without having to carry a trailer full of spares.
It helps to work very methodological, so after every heat prep the boat for the next heat: check spark plugs-battery- and fuel it so that by when it is time for the next heat all you have to do is select the right model on your transmitter, switch on the receiver and go!

Last edited:
I'm not normal as many of my friends will tell you , and I run 6 - 7 classes with 6 or seven boats . For a while I was running two different Twins in two of the seven classes . It is a full thrash with little time to relax and as well I was pitting for others in 3 or 4 classes . Stick with 3- 4 boats until you are a seasoned thrasher and know your equipment well !!

I have run a number of different boat counts over the years.. 4 is about my personal fun limit.. I want to be able to "hang out, talk shop, ***** about things, shake some hands and the like". With a large number of boats.. its hard to do that AND help the CD, call for others and whatever.

BUT.. in the end.. NOBODY can answer this for you.

Grim

im with walt, 3 is good , 4 is pushing it. if you are at a nationals with a big turnout thats a different story, you may have 2-3 hrs between your class your in, plenty of time for prep

3 is plenty and keeps it fun. You know you are fully addicted when you sign up and actually run 12 boats (a mix of nitro, gas, and FE powered) ! Been there done that. TunnelKing

Latest posts

Back