Novarossi .46 update

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, even though some of you already know, I just wanted to officially anounce that the new batch of the .46 motors with the changes to the piston taper and new head volume are working AWESOME! I have been holding off on announcing this until we had enough folks running the new ones to make sure the mods were working like we want.

Martin has been running one of the new P/S's now for awhile and it's is working great...like 93mph in his heat racing boat kind of great! He has also run a brand new completely stock motor 83 mph after just a short break in. That is pretty cool to me!

All of the motors in the last batch and all of the motors in all future batches have the new head buttons and piston tapers.

If you still have one of the original motors and I haven't done the mods to the piston and/or head button, PLEASE send it to me...it makes a HUGE difference in how it runs!

As I often talk about...do not run very much water cooling to these motors!!!! The goal is to burn lots of fuel to go FAST and they will never clean out and run right with the low compression of the old button and too much water cooling!

If you have one of these motors and you don't think "WOW" when you run it, them give me a call because something is probably not right.

I will have the new batch of motors here next week.

And for you guys running the wrap around header motors...Nova has built me 5 sample pipes with a 1" shorter front cone so we can finially get the pipe short enough!! This should be a really BIG deal and we may see the wrap around motors running faster than the DD motors now that we can get the pipes short enough. If you want one of the these test pipes let me know ASAP.

As always, THANKS!!!

GQ

Hey Glenn I received my engine the other day and it looks very good. The piston taper is going to make break in much easier and not put the strain on the rod during the break in stages. Looking forward to running this engine when spring comes. Thanks again.

Dave

Hi Glenn, can you post the sale price for the updated .46DD engine? Or must I call or e-mail you?
Hi David, the Direct Drive motors are $450 and the wrap around motors are $400. Headers are $35 for either one
thanks Glenn. Haven't seen an image of the header, are they basic (non-water-cooled)?
Davide, they have both cooled and not cooled versions. I always get the not cooled versions because it we can get the pipe length shorter. I did get a couple of test headers with the water cooling right up by the case that are being tested now.

GQ

Back