Nova 46 props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dion smith

Hi there all,

Just wondering what props people are running on there tunnels and seeing results from,

Cheers

Dion

Dion

1450 cut to 48 mm

ABC 1715-17 rack is working real well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there all,

Just wondering what props people are running on there tunnels and seeing results from,

Cheers

Dion
Depends on your pipe. The Nova Salisbury pipe likes a prop around 47mm. An Equi on the same motor will run something more in the 50mm range.

-Mitch

I'm running the spp pipe on a vision with an x450 with good results. Iv seen a 1450 push a different hull much faster. Just keen to find out what people have had success with. Thanks for your replies so far
default_smile.png

I assume the other boat you've mentioned is a Dragon with a Nova 46?

To run consistently at those speeds with a 40 Vision is going to be hard.. no bs and no disrespect to Shawn, just speaking from experience. We had to add wings up front to produce enough down force to keep the boat on the water.

Depending on where we are running and other conditions we run props from 46.8mm on up to 50mm, each with different pitches and different cuts.

We have 3 yrs of detailed notes that we refer to.

We don't stick with just one style of prop.

Dions Vision runs EXCEPTIONALLY well for the speeds he is doing...Much nicer than I ever had my Vision doing at those speeds
default_smile.png

And Dion, you are still running my ABC 47X63?
default_wink.png

Nova's definately like it HOT and RICH...Pretty sure we have yours on the Money now Dion...Just need Brad to pick up his game and we are sweet for some northern Domination

My current prop is a cut 1450, with lots of tip cup and the edges rolled over, de tounged and barr cut. My setup needs to be tweaked to suit the new speeds, but it sure is fun (except when things break in the crashes haha)

You are right Will !! And yes it is still your prop on there Kris- sorry for the incorrect info. I'm stoked with my boat but your dragon was smokin Kris!! Hot and rich is the go for sure !! My fastest runs were done with engine so fat I struggled to keep it running before it hit the water and loaded up and not much leaning from there

So far Will I have been stoked with my vision and want a spare just the same!! The dragon 45 will be my next choice. I may have got lucky or it might be the secret lucky charm hidden in the hull (kris knows what I'm on about lol)

Dion,

Starting to get some feedback on the new ABC 1715,1815, & 1817 all with 17 degrees

of rake. It will depend on your motor set up and if you removed enough trailing edge pitch

to let your motor spin up with these propellers. Good choice and more are in the pipeline

at ABC Propeller.

Keep Testing And Having Fun,

Mark Sholund

We might have to get one of those 1715 props sent south for us boys down here to have a play with
default_wink.png

Dion,

Starting to get some feedback on the new ABC 1715,1815, & 1817 all with 17 degrees

of rake. It will depend on your motor set up and if you removed enough trailing edge pitch

to let your motor spin up with these propellers. Good choice and more are in the pipeline

at ABC Propeller.

Keep Testing And Having Fun,

Mark Sholund
Guy's how about some pic's & info on these prop? Thanks

Alan,

Do you have an email address?

I can send you some pictures and numbers on these

new ABC Propellers.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

the 1815 has 6inch of cup at the trailing edge.. gonna be hacking on it some more this week

Allan and Chris,

6.43" of cup at .7 radi to be exact. The easiest way is to grind it out with a 3M

2SFine abrasive wheel. The crazy part is that the cup will increase all the way

to the tip. Just grind it to what you normally run like 3.46" to 3.60" of cup and

then you should be all set to go test. FYI, both blades are not the same either.

Now you see why they are $50.00 finished. They take about a half hour to do

accurately. I just take one of my three Wood's pitch gauges out to the grinder

and keep checking the progress as I grind the cup out of the blade. The trailing

edge is not at 90 degrees to the face either by the way. Approximately 102 degrees

On the trailing edge face.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

so why does he make them with that much pitch mark?

and i noticed the blades different.. thought it was jacked up.

Anyone got a 1650 to work well at all?

Mark, any chance you can post some pics of these new props you have,

Cheers

Dion

Chris,

These propellers were designed for electric boats in Europe.

They need the strength on the trailing edge to support the blades.

Jim and I have discussed reducing the cup from 2% down to 1%.

It is a little costly to change every mold again to make that change.

Grinding out the cup is actually very easy to do, but you do need to

have some nicer tools to do it accurately. The file just does not do it

correctly. If you have a small barrel sander on a variable speed dremel

or a Foredom flex shaft like I use all you have to do is run that barrel

along side the whole trailing edge and start measuring with a pitch gauge

until you get it right. On the 1815 I have found in testing a stock OPS 21

will pull 3.75" of trailing edge cup at .7 radi with not much trouble at all.

Some other modified motors cannot pull that much cup. I think 3.46" is a

good area to start with and go up to 3.60" if you need more. Remember a lot

of the cup pitch just kills RPM in our set ups. The biggest advantage of these

new blades is the extra center of blade pitch that they have in the middle of the

blade. Also the extra rake angle does help with less lift and a tighter thrust cone

behind the boat.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Back