Ninja Props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Schindler

These were big maybe around 2000.

What were they? Did they have their own castings, or were they being shaped from something else?

We called the "V9XX" series Ninjas, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Tried a couple V955's on my 40 boat, fast but unmanagable (to me) for heat racing. Ended up going just as fast with the 16 series...

Ran a V967 on my SAW boat a couple times, ho hum around 100 mph... -_-

Jeff,

It may be the Andy Brown #2 Profile Propellers

Or the Ernie LaFleur T-Series of propellers

Both of these sound about what you are referring to.

I have both in my collection, but I don't know how to

Post pictures of them.

Sorry,

Mark Sholund

We called the "V9XX" series Ninjas, maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Tried a couple V955's on my 40 boat, fast but unmanagable (to me) for heat racing. Ended up going just as fast with the 16 series...

Ran a V967 on my SAW boat a couple times, ho hum around 100 mph... -_-
I think they were biggest on the 40 hydros. We had a few in evansville, they were really fast but very hard to launch. Was wanting to revisit them maybe because the ski boats launch props better IMO

Yes, a number of guys refered to the Octura V900/3 series as Ninja props. I cut a large number of props for the 45 riggers that I refered to as the #2 profile. Very narrow blade with a pointy tip. Most of them were 1462's and right around 2000 is when I did the most of them.

Seems like I saw one in that box of props that Phil Munstermen (sp.?) sold to Ron Shaw the other day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, a number of guys refered to the Octura V900/3 series as Ninja props. I cut a large number of props for the 45 riggers that I refered to as the #2 profile. Very narrow blade with a pointy tip. Most of them were 1462's and right around 2000 is when I did the most of them.

Seems like I saw one in that box of props that Phil Munstermen (sp.?) sold to Ron Shaw the other day.
Good info thanks Andy! I think I need to start a notebook on all these props past and future.

So

Back