New Video Wildthing

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, strut bushing. Take a piece f cloth and put it between the pliers and the nose piece. Squeeze and pull the nose piece out. Then take a drill bit or something like that and tap the bushing out of the strut. You can get a new one at mcmastercarr or some place like that. Mine would usually need to be replaced after a good bit of running,.. 15 runs or so.

If you lived close I'd come over and show ya,... the boat will be faster with a new one if that is actually the problem.. If you hear a whining sound that's it..

Some times that sound could be from your shaft bushing getting loose. On my small hardware I've had to replace them about 2x a year. Often it would start to sound like a little turbo,...
Water is hard here..

Boat is running SWEET! It sounded like the shaft was barkin' for some more lube about half way in though...
I just lubed it before I hit the lake
Anthony are you talking about the strut bushing? I don't know if it needs to be replaced yet.The boat has only been run maybe a dozen times. I will check it though. If it is sloppy whats the easiest way to get it out without destroying the strut?

If you can wiggle the shaft in the strut you probably want to replace it. Once they get loose they go down hill fast.
Thanks Anthony I will check it out and replace it if it seems bad.
I just was checking it out and it is a bit sloppy so I will replace it in the spring. Is it a lead teflon bushing in the strut? It is fullers fast electric gear.

Thats the hard way to check the head clearance, LOL. :lol:

take the glow plug out, turn a piece of solder in an L shape (so the small end of the L is half the diameter of the piston, and parallel with the piston top), stick it in the top of the engine and turn it over once. pull the solder out, and measure the flat spot with a pair of calipers. theres your clearance. you can then determine if you need to remove shims, etc.

Last edited:
John

I'm building the stock size Wild Thing for a N/R 21 and you say in the article that the rudder bracket places the leading edge of the rudder at 3-1/4 to 4" aft of the transom. I can't find a bracket that long. The Speedmaster bracket I have puts the L.E. at 2-1/8 behind the transom.

Do you know how I can get hold of Dick Tyndall to get a long bracket or somewhere else I can get hold of one?

Thanks

Glenn

Hi all

here's a pic from my homebuilt wildthing with a zenoah 260 engine.

here u can find video's :

greetzz DANDMAN

WT.JPG

Back