New (Used) K&B 13

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovinnitro

New (Used) K&B 13

Hey all,

I just got this K&B 13 OB used and looks to be all the seller said. Motor is very clean. I'm putting that puppy on a 36" Areomarine Cat that currenty is powered with a 7.5. Gotta couple of questions.......... Can I lose the electric start on it an dput a cone back on? If so do I need a cone from this motor or will the cone from my 7.5 go on? Also, roughly, what is an electric start like this worth? On the carb I see no adjusting needle. Anybody know about this?

Thanks I appreciate the help and here are some pics of my project.

View attachment 660

Re:New (Used) K&B 13

And here is what its going on. Going to get new yellow paint w/ candy purple flames. Laxmasta said it had an ugly cowl. (That still hurts Joe :-[) Anyone know where I can get an Areomarine Sprint cat cowl from and would it work? If not I think I'm going to chop an 1" off the high part to make it more streamlined.

Oh yea, The motor is going to be off the transom instead of recessed the way it is now.

View attachment 662

I Think you will need a remote needle adjustment.You can get them from K&B for around 15-20 bucks.

That is a standard carb without a needle. You are supposed to use a remote needle with it. You might be able to get hooked up this weekend during the swap that Lax has organized.

no idea what the starter is worth, but ya, loose it! you might be able to get a cone for it as well this weekend. I think a cone from a 7.5 will be too small. :- I could be wrong though.

OK my fellow boaters,

I,m going to be in Nawleens (New Orleans) this weekend during the meet. PLEASE if anyone knows about the needle or wants a starter let me know, I'll sell the one on the 13 even if I have to hunt a cone down afterwards. I'm not worried about the weight if I keep it (a 36" boat with a 13 on it is going to haul regardless) Should be home around 4 pm on Sunday and I'll get on to see whats up.

Thanks for the input so far,

Steve

ps what is a remote needle anyway?

all 7,5 and up motors have the same flywheel/cone

Ditch the electric starter, it might drag the motor down and get a cone for it. If you need a remote needle, I have 2 that I'm not using. One is a Kalistratov and the other is an unknown brand, I got it from a person in Germany on eBay. Sweet talk Wade, he got a spare flywheel from me when he got my DPI tunnel boat but it is for an older motor.

You should be able to get an updated cowling from Remy at Aeromarine, they made 2 of them for this hull.

Hi Nitro

You can put any 7.5 or 11 flywheel on - both types fit the one with the cap screw or the one with the threaded stub and accorn nut. I recommend the light flywheel from an 8702 and the long capscrew (it's even a listed K&B part).

The hull is an early AM mean machine and I think a sprint cat cowl will fit ( would go close anyway). This is basically the same as the favya shoes hull with a 'racing' deck. Should go fine with that OB and you probably do want to mount it on the transom rather than inset.

Have fun!

GT 8)

Cool electric strater. I'd leave the cowl, it's got that retro look! Plus your not gonna pick up that much more speed anyway.

I have a great and barely used OS remote needle I'll sell for $6 plus shipping.

Hey PropJockey,

Not really sure what it's worth but appears to be in excellent condition with a Trinity motor on it. Feel free to make me an offer. I can send you some close up pics of it if you like

Just need a remote needle now. Whatcha ya got?

BTW Propjockey if your interested in th estarter let me know.. If not i'm going to put that Trinity Mtor on my kids Stampede

Hey!.... Got a new K&B remote needle for$18, used for $14......... new K&B 3rd channel needle for $35 ( K&B has been out of these for a long time)..........I guarantee my stuff... If you don't like it when you open the package, return it........your move, Fool

Got your message Propjockey. That was my problem. I lke being an honest guy. How bout a ten spot minus the electric motor. I can take some more shots of it to for ya as well but it is clean.

More PMs.... ;D

Propjockey Racing.....more electric starters than engines :eek:

Back