New USA Class #1

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ACLazer

Can some IMPBA Members give me some direction and advise me on the positives and negatives of this Proposal ? I don't know enough about the Class and need some direction. Is this something that we need and why?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Dom, it looks like they want twins to run in their own US-1 class, not just in "F" hydro. I don't know if this means that in "F" that they could only run one engine or not. If they left the single engined 'riggers in "F", that would be fine but it doesn't designate that, only this would be for the Internat's only.

Wow, 6 twin 'riggers all in tune running at the same time? Hell yeah!

Wow, 6 twin 'riggers all in tune running at the same time? Hell yeah!
All you have to do is go to Atlanta in April. We had 18 twins there last year, all 6 boat heats! B)

The twins already have their own Internats class but it is only a specialty class. These are the true BIG DOGS of nitro racing & ALWAYS draw the big crowds when a heat of twins gets fired off. Personally I like the idea of an officially recognized twin class. But since I run one perhaps that makes me biased? Hell yeah baby! :D

Thanks for the responses guys, that helps allot. I just don't know enough about it and would like to cast my Vote and make a choice with some type of intelligence and why I did it. I wish I knew more about the Nitro Classes and it's Proposals so I can do the "right thing" when I cast my Votes. I had to ask for help on the last Sport 20 Hydro Ballot in the last Roostertail. The problem is I started in Gas 7 years ago and never really got into the Nitro stuff but I am trying to learn and keep an open mind.

I have seen a few twins run at Huntsville, Andy Brown included and a few other places too, and your right, it's a real treat to watch.

Thanks again :)

Even at the Internats there have been about 20 or so twins running for the last 2 years. Yes they would be allowed to run both F hydro and Twin if that proposal gets passed but there are lots of other hull types that can also do that i.e any out board tunnel, sport 40, or even 1/8th scale can run in their respective engine/hydro class.

Back