new race site in medina ny

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike menter sr

Supporting Member
thats right folks the GLENWOOD LAKE in MEDINA NY will be a sanctioned IMPBA race site for the GREATER NIAGARA REGION RC MODEL BOAT CLUB headed by TORBY BARKER...this race site is awesome with size,depth possibilities galore and backing(110 percent)by the city of MEDINA,town of RIDGEWAY AND NIMO(ELECTRIC CO)....one tentative race date on july 23&24...race site sits off rt63 between rt104 & rt31..between rochester and buffalo....feel free to pm me here or on jims and you may call TORBY at 716-832-6820 with questions...will keep you boaters and racers updated..

Sounds great!

How is the parking space? Is there room for a 36' motorhome? What about overnight camping on site?

Thanks.

Sounds great!

How is the parking space? Is there room for a 36' motorhome? What about overnight camping on site?

Thanks.
thanks for your interest..there is plenty of parking,as far as overnight we havent worked that out yet with city and town but i do not believe this will be a problem..i also have 2 friends with property nearby..will inform when i know more...happy holidays mike sr

thats right folks the GLENWOOD LAKE in MEDINA NY will be a sanctioned IMPBA race site for the GREATER NIAGARA REGION RC MODEL BOAT CLUB headed by TORBY BARKER...this race site is awesome with size,depth possibilities galore and backing(110 percent)by the city of MEDINA,town of RIDGEWAY AND NIMO(ELECTRIC CO)....one tentative race date on july 23&24...race site sits off rt63 between rt104 & rt31..between rochester and buffalo....feel free to pm me here or on jims and you may call TORBY at 716-832-6820 with questions...will keep you boaters and racers updated..
Thank all of you guys for a race site in upstste NY.

Can you give me directions so I can go check it out.

Thanks Tom Driver

Thank all of you guys for a race site in upstste NY.

Can you give me directions so I can go check it out.

Thanks Tom Driver
from rt31, go north on rt63,through the city(watch speed) cross over canal follow rt63 another 200 yards or so and look for wooden sign on right for glenwood lake boat launch.,turn right..follow till you cannot go any further unless your vehicle floats....

Last edited by a moderator:
just informed that our site is officially a impba race site...also we are considering a SAW event with dates and details to follow up after the cold,snow,ice and thaw happens...2011 should be sweet... HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL

just informed that our site is officially a impba race site...also we are considering a SAW event with dates and details to follow up after the cold,snow,ice and thaw happens...2011 should be sweet... HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL
Wow, a SAW event in our backyard! Cool! Would that include 1/3 mile oval runs?

With a surveyed site, is your club going to get your own timing equipment for practice days? I'm looking into equipment for my farm pond and would be interested if you had any suggestions. Right now Race America is my best option unless I want to build something myself. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any updates?

Back