New Pro-Boat Lumar .15 Scale Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's still a Miss Bud in yellow. It will still take on water and ruin the radio equipment. Lastly, it's still made by ProBoat, their track record still isn't too good.

Hey Guys,

Ron Olson said:
It's still a Miss Bud in yellow. It will still take on water and ruin the radio equipment. Lastly, it's still made by ProBoat, their track record still isn't too good.
66875[/snapback]

Maybe so but I've seen an electric conversion on one that ran mid 40s on 12 cells no problem. Also dry as a bone when it comes in. Sounds like their trying to make them better so you gotta give them some credit. :D

Paul.

Dam, guys follow the link I gave you for the real scoop. I thought getting information to the masses was the objective here. Don't let miss-information become a substitute for the real thing :unsure:

Looks like Pro Boat had half an ear open when they redid the Bud. Moved the rudder to the other side and relocated the switch. The flex shaft is a good gesture but the strut is fixed. What good is a flex shaft that isn't adjustable? Once again it looks nice and I am sure it is going to be an expensive piece of art.

Adam

I think the RCBM has one pictured with the strut mounted on the transom and fully adjustable..... But yes they need to do something about the water in the radio box (problem).... Still can't beat the easibility of the whole package. Add a few minor but, needed improvements and it runs fine. Should be some fun with a couple on the water at the same time.

Yeah, I know, I sound negative. I keep hoping that ProBoat will get their act together one day and every time that they come out with another boat. They have their new Shockwave 36 out and I'm seeing a lot of complaints already on that one. To many of their buyers are first time boaters, buying a Miss Bud because of what it is and are clueless as to how a boat operates.

is there any way you can fix the radio box problem?

it looks pretty good.

Hello Guys,

To many of their buyers are first time boaters, buying a Miss Bud because of what it is and are clueless as to how a boat operates.
Ron, you could say that about any RTR nitro boat though. I had a guy close to me buy a Traxxas (nitro vee?) and couldn't get it to run more than a minute or so. I was no help because I run electrics. Although the return to shore feature got a workout. :D

Paul.

davo said:
is there any way you can fix the radio box problem?
it looks pretty good.

67049[/snapback]

The Radio box problem has been solved. They moved the switch from the cover to to inside the box and use a sealed push-rod to actuate it.

Some more pics of the strut setup. I guess you could use washers under the screws to adjust the angle a bit.

Back