New Picco .90

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, picco is building motors again. Yippeee. I think I will run out and buy one right now. NOT

I still have motors I can't get parts for. They were only 3 years old when the parts were not available. I don't think I will be buying any picco in the future. They don't support their boat motors.

Mike

Oh yeah, picco is building motors again. Yippeee. I think I will run out and buy one right now. NOT

I still have motors I can't get parts for. They were only 3 years old when the parts were not available. I don't think I will be buying any picco in the future. They don't support their boat motors.

Mike
Mike,

I have to say I'm with you on that. I will keep running the old Piccos I have, for as long as I can, and pick up whatever parts I can, where and when I can.

I would be surprised if this run brings parts for existing engines, so we have to assume that anyone buying new engines will also be hung out to dry when they break.

The price of the new .90 is astronomical too - eg CMB .91 RS £288, Picco .90 £450. The Picco .90 is reputed to be extremely powerful, so it's probably more of a statement than a serious attack on the market.

I raised the post as a sort of public interest exercise.

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
I too have searched all over for parts and cannot find anything. Of course I have an older .90 that I wish I could find some info on just to find out what age it is. could any of you guys help me?

Jeff

I too have searched all over for parts and cannot find anything. Of course I have an older .90 that I wish I could find some info on just to find out what age it is. could any of you guys help me?

Jeff
I on the other hand welcome PICCO as a builder of extreme heat racing engines,More blackheads please....Mike

If they ever do build more, they will not be the same. They seemed to changed them every year. Why would they stop now.

Mike

Of course I have an older .90 that I wish I could find some info on just to find out what age it is. could any of you guys help me?
Does it say picco on the case or just a P?

I was not saying I didnt like picco as they are reputed to be some of the strongest engines available. Just wish I knew where to find parts. The engine I have has picco stamped down the length of the cylinder.

Jeff

They stopped selling that motor in the early 90's. It is possible to find parts for it now and then on ebay. But I would not count on it. Most times it is people in the same situation as you that have jsut given up. I have 4 exr 45. 2 x 98's & 2 x 99's. I think I will run these till there are done and move on. I do not run them that much, so I would expect another 10yrs from the bunch.

Mike

Mike I thank you for the info. your time frame for the motor must be right as the hull it came out of had a late 80's manufacture date glassed in the bottom from Dumas. I just didnt know if the motor was a lot newer. I am planning to try to get this one to last one more season if I cant find parts for it on ebay. If it dosent hold together that long at least I'm not out much as I traded a buddy a homelite for it.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back