new neu lasted 2 runs , almost

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drwayne

Have a 1521/1Y , brilliant. nuff said.

Bought a 1515/2D, fitted to same boat.

6S1P5000 25c

logged 80A cont, one spike to 119, well within motor and battery limits.

Run 1. wickedly good. :D

Run 2. slowing down :angry:

Run 3. barely made 100' :blink:

Lifted the lid, battery on wrong side of warm, esc tolerable. Motor temp seemed ok .

Assumed flex was binding under load.

Rotate shaft anticlockwise ( the correct drive direction) and all is fine.

Rotate clockwise and the shaft binds up to lock.

Removed flex and ..... Grrr...

Flex was not my concern.

Removed motor and... more Grr...

Kevlar around magnets has unwound itself. Rotation of kevlar wrap allows anti but not std rotation.

remove end cap, , and the magnets are loose on the shaft also, and can almost freeslide.

Turnaround for neu factory warranty from out here in Au is 4+ weeks...... postage, customs, air freight, sniffer dogs, customs, postage, courier, factory.....claimed 2 weeks is good warranty turnaround...postage, customs, air freight, sniffer dogs, customs, postage, courier, home

Neu supplier in Australia fastelectrics.com is dedicated to promoting FE, has exchanged the dead for a new neu rotor, have me back on the wet within a week.

Have not lost the faith in Neu, exceptions occur in every factory... just my luck! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a 1521/1Y , brilliant. nuff said.
Bought a 1515/2D, fitted to same boat.

6S1P5000 25c

logged 80A cont, one spike to 119, well within motor and battery limits.

Run 1. wickedly good. :D

Run 2. slowing down :angry:

Run 3. barely made 100' :blink:

Lifted the lid, battery on wrong side of warm, esc tolerable. Motor temp seemed ok .

Assumed flex was binding under load.

Rotate shaft anticlockwise ( the correct drive direction) and all is fine.

Rotate clockwise and the shaft binds up to lock.

Removed flex and ..... Grrr...

Flex was not my concern.

Removed motor and... more Grr...

Kevlar around magnets has unwound itself. Rotation of kevlar wrap allows anti but not std rotation.

remove end cap, , and the magnets are loose on the shaft also, and can almost freeslide.

Turnaround for neu factory warranty from out here in Au is 4+ weeks...... postage, customs, air freight, sniffer dogs, customs, postage, courier, factory.....claimed 2 weeks is good warranty turnaround...postage, customs, air freight, sniffer dogs, customs, postage, courier, home

Neu supplier in Australia fastelectrics.com is dedicated to promoting FE, has exchanged the dead for a new neu rotor, have me back on the wet within a week.

Have not lost the faith in Neu, exceptions occur in every factory... just my luck! :rolleyes:

When did you buy it? NEU had a bad batch of magnets and if the dates are right, you may get a new NEU...

but wait... you in AUS? Not sure if the bad batch happened there as well... could happen tough.

I had a bad 1515 1Y and about 9 days later I had a new one in hand and in the boat. It happens to even the best. My new 1515 1Y is a screamer!

When did you buy it? NEU had a bad batch of magnets and if the dates are right, you may get a new NEU...but wait... you in AUS? Not sure if the bad batch happened there as well... could happen tough.

date on the box is 28 May 08

Last edited by a moderator:
When did you buy it? NEU had a bad batch of magnets and if the dates are right, you may get a new NEU...but wait... you in AUS? Not sure if the bad batch happened there as well... could happen tough.

any hints if this motor falls within the bad magnet era ?

Sorry mate, it would be pretty hard to figure out when Andrew bought it from NEU, try asking him and I'll figure out

the time that the batch was on shelves... cool?

Sorry mate, it would be pretty hard to figure out when Andrew bought it from NEU, try asking him and I'll figure out

the time that the batch was on shelves... cool?
According to the box from Neutronics that the motor arrived in, it was produced 5/28/08

Lets not delay warranty identifying a specific production run, it is a clearly bad build and therefore DOA.

Love to hear that a new 1515 rotor is on its way to fe.com ( who has the dud ) so I can get my boat operational.

Back