New F hydro from downsouth

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi to all

Just finish a new rigger named GRX entirely made of epoxi resin/carbon fiber via closed molds.For those interested in see its construction method visit www.grsboats.com.br. Tests showed great potential with good speeds up to 85mph with a CMB RS101.Hope you enjoy it.

Cheers from Brazil

Gill
Hello,very congratulations,this rigger have one look very fantastic,i like very much.

Regards

Giuseppe - Italy

Hi fellows thanks a lot for the nice words they really encourage me to go ahead despite difficulties most of us face today.I do know that our hobby became expensive but my passion for model boating made me make some investmens to get a long lasting models.The current production is low due to the time consuming process of building but all the efforts paid off. If there is interest in get these boats maybe we can deal to have more molds and try to low the final cost.

Regards

Gill

correct it's inspired on a proven good design but quite different in angles and other particularities.It's suitable for 80/90/1.0 glow or 26cc gasoline.size 43 inch long

Thanks

Gill
Inspired??? Its a copy, PERIOD! I guarantee the plugs were made from one of Andy's hulls.
Iam thinking the same thing it's even the same 43inches as Andy's 90 boat

Guys,.. Does it really matter if he took some design direction from Andys boats? If anything it's a compliment at this point. He openly says that he took lots of influence from the Eagle series. I took lots of influence from the JAE boat on the boats I build. Do I call it a JAE? No,.. It's not like he said "buy this boat, just like an Eagle but cheaper",.. when you don't have jigs and fixtures like Andy and John most likely do, it's VERY hard to build boats that are the same over and over,...

I say "good job, awesome boat"... and, thanks Andy for the awesome Eagle designs we have all learned from!!!

Anthony Marquart

correct it's inspired on a proven good design but quite different in angles and other particularities.It's suitable for 80/90/1.0 glow or 26cc gasoline.size 43 inch long

Thanks

Gill
Inspired??? Its a copy, PERIOD! I guarantee the plugs were made from one of Andy's hulls.
Iam thinking the same thing it's even the same 43inches as Andy's 90 boat

I've been running eagles since its first release equipped with Macs.... all sort of sizes.....there is no doubts that his boats are great contenders and I'm an Andy's fan for all his efforts and contribution for this hobby.We here were deeply sad to hear that Macs went out of production but this is life! I've been struggling for years to keep this class alive here and the only way I found to have a good boat running in our club was making good molds of an updated model.For those who remember Octura's Wing Dings and Prather's Piranhas riggers I would say that they inspired lot of good models too!

Gill

Awesome looking boat Gil....Nice job.

P.S. The turnfin doubler needs to fit behind the fin, against the sponson.

Hi Andy ya the doubler is in the right place now.

Thanks for the compliments and for the great designs you've being doing for us.

Gill

Gill,

You need a better propeller on the back of the boat in the video.

What did you have on it there? Nice looking boat on the first page,

can't wait to see the video of that one running. :D

Curious,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mark how are you? I've been running the 16 serie- 1667 cup from 5,8 to 6,9 . heat set up turning 1667 cup 6,5= 86mph not bad for a stock engine!

Thanks for your interest.

Gill

The video is the old version boat and as soon I have the new one will post it here!You re right the video shows a bad prop but is was during tests.

Gill

I just want to say I am a SO HAPPY to see my friend Gil from Brazil getting back into this hobby after some time off. We seemed to strike up a friendship many years ago through Intlwaters, and we've hooked up again just recently sharing updates of the hobby and our families. Great looking boat, Gil, best wishes keeping the racing alive down south, and welcome back!

Wallster

HEY WALLY..... FRIENDSHIP IS SOMETHING TO BE HELD IN THE LEFT SIDE OF OUR CHEST....be sure we have the same great feeling about you and family...pretty glad to be aboard here again!

Cheers from San Paulo

Gill

Back