new engine design

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks like some new concepts in engine design It seems like some of the ideas could work. http://teamorion.com/faq/wasp_rev.asp
Boy their PR guys sure worked hard to rename stuff that's been done for years. That ramped induction's been featured on the drums in MAC engines. If you look closely at the picture of the crank, I see the potential for as much or more reversion at the carb side opening of the angled hole as a typical crank or drum induction might experience. Not to mention NovaRossi and many others have had a "turbo" crank design out for some time. :rolleyes:

Integrated compressor crankshaft?? Typhoon mixture distribution?? Automatic cylinder conicity adjustment?? Internal mixture centrifugal pump?? Directional flux management?? Where's the flux capacitor???

:lol: -- -- :lol: -- -- :lol: -- -- :lol: -- -- :lol: -- -- :lol: -- -- :lol: -- -- :lol: -- -- :lol: -- -- :lol: -- -- :lol: -- -- :lol:

The funniest part in the video was the guy holding the air nozzle & mini torch to the cranks. In the first crank shot you can see how they position the crank pin to obstruct your view of the air nozzle tip outlet actually being below the face level of the crank so no air blows across the opening. :lol: :lol: :lol: Any crank or drum will create a suction if you blow air across it's face opening, that's just simple physics at work. Man the gang down at the local hobby shop are gonna love this one. They've said the majority of car guys are some of the most mis-informed & gullible people they've ever dealt with. Print it in a magazine or on-line & they'll flock to it regardless if anyone knows if it even works. This made for a good laugh this morning, thanks I needed that. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Many interesting claims made here. The Nikasil process developed by Mahle for use in the Mercedes Wankel rotary engine is NOT "2-3 harder than standard hard chrome plating". It has been used with great success in ringed motors of all types. This is not the same process as the electrofusion plating used by Kawasaki, that did not work very well.

Jim :) :) :)

Many interesting claims made here. The Nikasil process developed by Mahle for use in the Mercedes Wankel rotary engine is NOT "2-3 harder than standard hard chrome plating". It has been used with great success in ringed motors of all types. This is not the same process as the electrofusion plating used by Kawasaki, that did not work very well.
Jim :) :) :)
Jim I raced an '80 model KX125 with the electofusion cylinder. Nothing like having the motor sieze over a tabletop. My"83 CR125 had a hard anodized sleeve that actually lasted better than you would think.

Back