New Brushless Motors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrewg

Got some custom brushless motors today

High rpm 6 pole 05 size (5600rpm/v) and 550 (4100rpm/v) sized motors for cars and 6 cell and 8 cell riggers

Also recieved my the first of a new line of 2 pole brushless motors more news soon, but these look the business. They are testing out with Hacker style power and efficiency; they are beautifully made and are water cooled and the price is GOOD!

they will go from a micro thru to a 24 cell rigger

Andrew

www.fastelectrics.com

Hello Andrew,

Spill the beans man! I'm in the market for some new motors, are these 1/8" shaft size? How about 12 cells? Looking for something like the Lenher XL 5000.

Paul.

BTW: I NEED EM NOW. lol

Hello Dick,

I have 1 Hitec radio. :p Not my racing radio (JR RULES!)mind you but I have one, they work great for reteival boats. lol Plus I'm still stuck on the Hitec 225bb as my choice of servos, does that count?

Paul.

Ya, I guess you can scrape by with that.

I've talked to Andrew about the new motors he has and from what I gather they are very similar to the Hacker/Lehner. Can't wait to see how they work.

Dick

Hello Dick,

Wow, I feel pretty bad about this. I forgot to mention I chose a Hitec radio for my heli, that makes two! . Boy, I should be flogged. lol

Paul.

Hi Paul,

Boy if you would just bite the bullet and get a 3D Lynx you wouldn't need that JR and 2 other Hitec's. You could get it all done with just one. But then again who are we going to get to pry that JR radio out of your hand so we can convert you to nothing but Hitec?? Good to see that there is some Hitec equipment in your bag of tricks and I couldn't agree with you more the 225's are one great servo!

Larry

For your Heli! Man, It's everything I can do to keep my sky scooter in one piece.

More power to you!

Dick

Dick - so its the radio's fault??? lmao!

Paul testing thru the next week and will put results up then

new rigger and mono setups to test too - wee hee !!!

Andrew what about the controllers? Anything new?

www.OffshoreElectrics.com

offshoreelectrics_anim.gif

That's cool. My favorite part is the Hacker/Navy boat speed control! Does that make this a marine heli? Where are the floats?

Nice job.

Dick

Steven

the controllers are Hacker Navies - Dick and I developed these with Rainer Hacker and I still think they represent the best to use and the best value on the markket

Heres a tip if you are running sport and use an inexpenive motor like a Mega try the Navy 40 - these are power house controllers and good for up to 12 cells on 4 minute motors

Andrew Gilchrist

fastelectrics.com

Well tried the Lightning 2200XL in my maus bullet and it went like a bat out of...

Tried the Lightning 3300L in the mono and it ripped on 6 but really lit up on 8 cells

The new 628 mono ran very well - extremely simple/cheap setup - no tabs Dennis - and fast

We seen some interesting new BL motors at the Toledo Show. Similiar to the Mega line. :-X

Actually Doug I am looking at four New lines - one is Mega - no more details on what it is like but it is good!

The others are motors made to my specs and I am not sharing.

The used car salesman get a good idea and pinch the market I want an exclusive product this time. As far as I know no one is selling any of these brands in Nth Am.

I may seem to be going slow here but will be out with the nitro boys this weekend and willr elate mroe next weekend

Hey heres one to tickle you an 8 cell Neo 540 o/b up against 3.5 outboard tunnels - who will be faster?

Andrew

fastelectrics.com

OK some test reults

I have been testing the New Lightning EM motors and they are good! 2 pole, factory cooling jacket (direct), coreless, sensorless and the best looking motors I have seen they will be priced midway between Hackers and Megas

In an 18 cell Maus Bullet I used a Hacker 8XL for comparison and the EM despite a higher KV came back cooler seemed to cause less radio problems and was fast! The prop was a modest X435 - look at the rpms these motors turn and you will see why

With the EM the boat had speed similar to this countries best 3.5's which I have timed at 51mph on the front schute. It turned a few heads

The other motor was an 8 cell 6 pole running 2400s in a Lighning 628 mono motor same size as a Hacker 50-L vented can, no cooling came back warm to touch and was fast - especially torquey thru turns - these motors are currently under $100

Now to test in 6 and 12 cell riggers - yee ha!

Andrew Gilchrist

fastelectrics.com

Wow that sounds like some really sweet motors Andrew. I have been watching and it seems like there are lots of really nice BL motors coming out of Europe these days. Too bad BL controllers still stink. Or are to freakin expensive.

Mike N

Mike

brushless controllers do not stink. I have been using them for some time and they are no problem

Most of the problems I have seen come from people doing foolish things like not waterproofing their hulls at all well and not using sponge in the hull the baffle and grab any water which does get in

The Master controllers are excellent - I am yet to send one back

Anndrew

fastelectrics.com

Latest posts

Back