New AM Avenger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acaptn

I have a new Am Pro Avenger! A QD25, Ballintine D2 drive & Rudder.and all acc. :D Can anybody help with the set up. Spark plug to transom? Center line of prop to ride pads? What Prop? I also have a QD35 thats not in a hull right now. Is the QD35 to big & heavy for this hull? Which will be more fun 25cc or 35cc? What kinda speeds. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Acaptn

hey . well i do know some about cats , and a litle about QD engines .. the combo u want is not the most seen arround , but that doesnt mean it not a good one .. , the hull is 44 inch long and the pro serie does have the scale cockpit .. i hope u r sparkplug will be inside ! any way the QD 25 is more than enough power for that hull .. the 25 will give u more revs in the top end , and the 35 cc qd is better mono engine (57 inch ore more) . the drive and rudder hardware is all top quality ,

i would start with the centerline of the prop level with the sponsors , this way u can adjust a bit up and down , we run the prop 1/16 under sponsors ,this way the prop is giving u the best results , very little slip and bite enough for the corners .. the qd 25 is strong enough to spin a 7018 propshop ore a ABC MW 3 prop for heat racing ,and even a modded abc h-50 for saw setup . speed must be more than 55 mph in oval racing and 60 and up in saw ..

spark plug to transom will be arround 13 inch mostly , but call remy for detailed setup tips ! C/G with a QD will be at 31 ore 32 % i think ..

good luck .. and pics will help !

jerome

Jerome thanks for the info I am going with the 13" and even with pads. tank in center up front. As for the QD 35 I am looking for 50" cat.

Thanks Rod

Back