New 21 CMB Beta

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim,

Try a OD-289 plug. I have another propeller for you to test on your set up.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Ran my JAE Beta several times over the weekend . I ran the engine at .009, 8'' CMB nitro pipe, 55% , OD Blue plugs and a Shouland H-7. The engine is still getting broke in but is running much better than my VAC motor. I ran the engine at .112 for fuel flow and water at 120. I did burn a few plugs with a coil pulled out so if any one is having better performance with another plug please post your info. Thanks to everyone for posting their comments Tm
All we run are the blues as well. The last time I ran my Beta I was at 90 on our meter. It seems that as the motor loosens up it is taking a lot more fuel which is a good thing. This may be why you took plugs. Try running richer. I'm also at 7 7/8 with the pipe.

Interesting (to me) that this new CMB .21 Beta engine performs significantly better than the previously released CMB .21 VAC engine. Why is this? Bore & stroke are equal. Is the main difference in exhaust and intake timing?

Just received the new BETA 21's. Head clearance problem has been resolved and no head cutting is necessary. Stock clearance is at .009" with stock head shim at .008". With a head shim kit, easy to set at .006". On sale now (until 12-15) for $405.00

Stu

Stu did a great job in solving this head cl. issue by letting CMB know the problem his customers were having and they were able to fix it so we can move on with using and winning with this new motor. Thanks again Stu. Tim

Latest posts

Back