need the OD of a novarossi .21 sleeve and OD of the flange

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RodneyPierce

Guys, Im at work currently, and dont have access to one of my sleeves. Needing the OD of the newer novarossi 5 or 7 port sleeve. And also the OD of the flange. Thanks in advance!!

Oh, needed it to make myself a couple sleeve shims. I have an OLD SCHOOL .21 CMB here that is rear facing exhaust (straight out the back) that you cant get piston and sleeve for anymore. Well, its got a steel rod in it, and just so happens that a GO .21 5 port sleeve fits in the case and lines up almost perfect with the case porting. Just needed to turn .010 off the sleeve, and raise it up about .020 and should be golden :D Another Frankenstein motor. Everything else in the motor was perfect (and you can still get bearings for it) Just needed a piston and sleeve. Much cheaper for me to fit my own stuff to it, then to try and find a sleeve, and have someone turn me out a custom piston for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried this before with .12s... The P/L I used didn't match up with the crank pin rotation diameter or something... ran but was all out of whack.. Hopefully yours is better..

yes, this one will work great Im pretty sure. Everything lines up good except for a little bit of the transfer ports need to be touched up in the case. ends u pat 3.42 cc so its legal for the .21 class. Have to use the stock steel rod, but everything else is good. Ends up with a bore of .641, stroke of .646. Should work out pretty good. Either will run like stink, or be a turd. We shall see next year.

Here she is. CMB case/drum/housing, custom head button and water jacket, GO .21 5 port sleeve turned down .010 to fit in case, .040 worth of sleeve shims to get liner back up to where it needed to go, stock CMB steel rod. Its a Frankenstein, but we are going to see if she works or not.

IMG_20111031_225041.jpg

IMG_20111031_225028.jpg

IMG_20111031_225018.jpg

IMG_20111031_225011.jpg

Back