Need Some Help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

androdz

Hello Im newbish to boats and so far I have gotten no help whatsoever so any help will be greatly appreciated. I bought a traxxas Villain V which I think was a good starter boat or was it not?? Also I bought a duratrax twin peak pulse charger was that a good buy or not??? Im thinking of upgrading it for more speed but i dont know where to start?? The props are so many to choose from and I dont know which to put can any1 tell me which prop will work good on that boat? it has "twin titan 550 motors" or any good speed/$ upgrades???

Thanks any help will be greatly appreciated

The Villian is a good starter boat.

As for upgrades, how much do you want to spend?

What battery and prop are you running now?

as for spending I can go if it suits the case. Currently i bought 6 packs, 2 3000 mha of tower for 48 and 4 3000mha nimh of ebay for 48$, I need proppellers dont know which to put =/

androdz said:
so far I have gotten no help whatsoever so any help will be greatly appreciated.
Seems to me you have been getting help everywhere! We are trying to help in MANY emails and MANY forums. Make a list of what everyone has suggested so far and tell us.

Try the Traxxas propshafts for converting the boat to 3/16" props,the part number is 1529X. Then get a set (1RH and 1LH) of Octura X447 props and start tweaking them.

pagemaster yes now im getting lots of help, and I gotta thank all of you guys, yes I have made a list down of the things I gotta get, It was that at first no one replied =/. I still have one of my first posts still with zero reply's on a forum. Im deeply thankfull for all

here is the list of mods they told me to get.

1. try www.offshoreelectrics.com He has a great selection of carbon fiber props in L & R rotation. they might need a drive dog though. I'm sure he'll jump in soon. I have the octura x447 set on mine and I think it's too much prop for the boat, the speed had an ok improvment and of course run time was down had to watercool the motors. If you want to upgrade motors the magnetic mayham(22T) motors are avl. in both standard and reverse rotation and the stock speed controll can handle them.

As for your charger it will do the job.

2.I saw in your other post you said a 6 cell pack, you need 2 of the to get any run time out of the boat. The stock speed controll is set up for 2 in parallel.

There are a few people here who know the villan well and can offer some more advice

Looking again offshore electrics sells a package with the shafts and 45mm props(for the villan) for a killer price check it out on the prop page.

3. Ok that changes things a bit. You can rout the water how ever you please, I recomend all one line. I have never seen any differences. If your looking for more speed get a Trinity Monster Maxx Motor, probably a mild or wild, and an rc hydros esc. Everything else will work well with the ex.

4. I'd say you made a wise choice as long as it's all in good condition. For props I recomend Octura x447's which you can find at www.offshoreelectrics.com A pair or 17 turn motors will give you alot more speed with minimal cost as well. I suggest you run inboard rotation and water cooling would be a good idea and an Rc hydros speed control will get you into the fast lane. I also sell custom made-to-order turn fins for the boat, that will help the turning significatly with all that speed. Good luck and I would be more than happy to answer any further questions for you.

5. Try the Traxxas propshafts for converting the boat to 3/16" props,the part number is 1529X. Then get a set (1RH and 1LH) of Octura X447 props and start tweaking them.

Back