need help picking an engine

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you are building a 7.5 boat, that would mean a .45 motor is required.Nothing larger,or nothing smaller.

A 7.5 boat is designed around the weight and performance of a .45 motor. Anything different just wouldn't work properly.

I'd suggest a 45 CMB Hydro motor if you're looking for new, if used, cmb hydro, RS, Mac,OPS etc....

But stay with a 45 motor. :)

A good .45 motor and a good set up in a rigger, would be plenty fast enough to scare you :D

Motor,set up and props are the key ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen Walt. I went the over powered route on time and almost quit the hobby. It can drive you crazy. You can find used motors on here and if you must there is alwats e-bay. Ryon

post a want to buy topic in the for sale section of this forum, I'm sure there is someone out there that will sell you a 45 motor.

Cliff

I guess another question to ask is what your intension's are with the boat.

Do you want to race it competitively or is it going to be for fun and your local pond?

Also,

What's your name and where are you located?

It's nice to know who we are talking to and helping on here. :)

My names Jay but all my friends call me stage I'll answer to both I'm from winnipeg, manitoba, canada. I plan to join my local racing club this summer.

My names Jay but all my friends call me stage I'll answer to both I'm from winnipeg, manitoba, canada. I plan to join my local racing club this summer.
Welcome Look at website:www.namba16.com cheers Allan B)

Jay....go here for the winnipeg club. They are members of MAAC.

http://members.shaw.ca/mbram/

Bill Gawley is the guy to talk too......tell him Duck sent ya.....

As for the engine......A 7.5 rigger is a handfull for a first boat. You might also look at a sport 40 so you can use the same engine. A Mac, OS or CMB are good runners.....

Thanks everyone for the help :) I have already been looking at the MBRAM site. I was trying to get to there meetings last year but lived out of the city and didnt have a car at the time, although I talked to someone on the phone from there. This will be my second (R.C.) Boat my first was a RTR. I have building experiance just not models. I have built a canoe an aluminum speed boat and a kneel down hydro so I don't think I will have to much problims building well I hope knot. hehehe. With how freindly and how much knowladge everyone has here im sure i'll do fine. B)

Jay

Hello Jay I am new to this site but have been with the winnipeg club for a couple of years. If you need to contact us pm me and I will give you contacts for racing this summer. The site given to you is correct but out of date. We have a new site coming online sometime this spring.

Back