Names

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottVanSlooten

HOW are we to know who we are talking to with all the unreal names on here . It sure would be easer to know if you guys used real NAMES Scott

well.... people like to have nicknames. some people just think it is cool. If you need to findout someones real name just ask..... if they don't answer then you know what type of person they likely are if ya catch my drift.

I know rcboat.com requires real names but you will find that most boards like this don't. That's just more of the true spirit of the internet. look at rumrunners or jims rc boat dock.... and about 10000 other popular boards that aren't about rc boating.

Hi Scott!

It seems like its the rage to have email also that doesn't match your real name. It carries over to these discussion boards. I'm close. I use a shortened version of my last name with my given name. You can always view the profile and see if the actual name is in there. If you hang around here enough, you pick up who is who real fast. This is the first board I've been on where there is no profanity and slamming of other people. I like it a lot!

Happy Holidays!

Ed Radz

scott,

it's just kinda fun to use "screenames" [honestly, try it] , and if you want to know someone's name, just ask!!

joe

I could tell you.............but then I'd have to kill you. 8)

Seriously though, just ask! ;)

BTW Joe...where did 'Laxmasta' come from?

lax= lacrosse, my other sport.........

i gotta ask you though, WHERE did you get "propjockey"?

lol!!! :D :D ;D

joe

Well, I started out with RC planes, and made the switch to boats...Propjockey fit both.

PJ is a nickname of a nickname! Ha Ha! How's THAT for anonimity?

Erin Metheny [aka Propjockey (aka PJ)]

I'm a rigger freak. And riggers kinda remind me of a hammerhead shark, so that is where I got my nickname. Self aquired, of course.

I have been naming all my scratch built riggers hammerhead this, and hammerhead that since 1990. Then some of the guys in the forum just started calling me Hammer. It grows on you.

Hammer (Martin Knox)

I was always into boating but interested in a local flying club they called me swamptromper cause i had to get wet feet to play rc boats maybe i should use that one LOL

Scott, Welcome Dude!!!! ;)

Gene Gillman here : aka Slideblues, aka Gener, aka Geno,

aka ggillman, and the wifes fav, "tottyof" thats "take out the trash you old fart" :p

Gene ;D

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the forum, I use mine because my boat is a 29 wof tunnel , Hence, 29tunnel. My real name is Don and I think this forum is a great place to learn anything you need to know about boats and talk to some real nice people at the same time.

I don't see that it matters what someone wants to call themselves on line. I would be more interested to know where people are from - the US, Canada or elsewhere in the world.

Scott, blame it on the CBer's for handles. I don't mind using my real name, at least you know what I look like and I think that you also have my phone number. My Profile is pretty well filled out for the others, most aren't.

Back