NAMBA legal Sport Hydro?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forresterace

I know that this hull would not be legal in IMPBA Sport Hydro classes (rear vents), but what is the opinion on whether it legal in NAMBA nitro sport hydro classes.

I am assuming that the picklefork set-back meets the 25% rule (I have not seen this hull in person to measure it)

Thanks in advance

Doug Forrester

spider.jpg

forresterace said:
I know that this hull would not be legal in IMPBA Sport Hydro classes (rear vents), but what is the opinion on whether it legal in NAMBA nitro sport hydro classes.I am assuming that the picklefork set-back meets the 25% rule (I have not seen this hull in person to measure it)

Thanks in advance

Doug Forrester

114945[/snapback]

I may be wrong but aren't the NAMBA sport rules real close to IMPBA? :unsure:

The one thing you need to watch for on multi wing (vented) hulls is the angle of attack on each set of wings & how it relates to the hull. It doesn't take much variance in AOA on a multi wing to go from a hull that runs well to an ill handling nightmare. The Bud T-4 hull is a perfect example, I've seen good ones & some really bad ones too. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can add up the total vented area and it does not exceed the 25% rule then it would be legal. From what I can see in the photo I would imagine that the total vented area exceeds the 25% hull length and therefore it would not be allowed to run in NAMBA Sport Hydro if that is the case. You can find this in rule B.13 page 60 of the namba rule book which can be found here NAMBA Rule Book

I'm not sure but I think I see another thing that would disqualify it from being a legal NAMBA Sport hydro and that is a strut that is mounted on the transom which would keep the boat from meeting rule B.8.

Eric Bourlet

NAMBA Sport Hydro Chairman

You can find this in rule B.13 page 60 of the namba rule book which can be found here NAMBA Rule Book
where in rule 13 does it talk about vents or say all openings must not be greater then 25%

13 applys to the opening infont of the hydro. at least thats how its wrote and how the picture shows it.

since our rules revert back to the nitro sport hydro's is why he is asking

so a twin wing T4 would be illegal for sport hydro class's

legal NAMBA Sport hydro and that is a strut that is mounted on the transom which would keep the boat from meeting rule B.8.
doug didn't say but, its a FE hull and FE sport hydros are allowed to have them off the transome so 8 wouldn't apply

Latest posts

Back