NAMBA FE Nationals

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to the information I received a couple of days ago, the NAMBA FE Nationals will be held in Monroe, Washington. Probable dates are August 17, 18, 19.

JD

We were not going to go public until a couple of more ducks were in a row. I guess there was a leak.

The 07 Electric Nats has been passed to the Puget Model Boat Club in the Seattle area. More information will be provided next week by the new hosts.

Heres' the why...

One key organizer in the Mazo has a health situation that has suddenly taken a dramatic turn downward far faster than expected since we made the decision to host. What in late August was "some time in the next 5 years, but probably 1-2" has become "any day now" for some VERY major surgery.

On top of that, another very key person ran into a business issue that will take well into next year to resolve, and there's a risk he could be taken out through next summer. One or the other of us being unavailable would be fine, but both adds an element of risk that's unacceptable. There's a lot of talent and dedication in the two clubs, but the two whose involvement could be greatly curtailed are the ones that have 6 years experience in organizing model boating events.

Those two individuals really need to get this off their plates (now) and concentrate on staying alive and maintaining an income.

Our two clubs wanted this really bad and quite a bit of work had already been done. Members from both clubs wanted to forge ahead but we've decided for good of the hobby, that it's best to pass the Nats on to Puget while there is still plenty of time.

I've had a running dialog with Jim Bickford since our race in late July, starting with conversations to clarify who was going to host in '07. The Puget club voted last Saturday and are good to go.

Although the exact date won't be confirmed until mid next week, we want to post the venue change. There should be time for anyone who has to book vacations and ample time to book flights and accomodations.

If anyone has paid for unrefundable travel or lodging to be in WI next year, let me know and we'll cover what was spent.

Our apologies, but stuff happens.

Thanks, Doug.

Thats bad luck Doug, hopefully those 2 guys end up good and when you do get around to hosting make it better :ph34r:

Hi Doug,

Thank you very much for the information. This helps us greatly in budgeting for the 07' year. Big difference in the amount of money it takes to go to Wis. compared to Washington.

Look forward to hearing the dates.

Thanks again!

Mike

We were not going to go public until a couple of more ducks were in a row. I guess there was a leak.

The 07 Electric Nats has been passed to the Puget Model Boat Club in the Seattle area. More information will be provided next week by the new hosts.

Heres' the why...

One key organizer in the Mazo has a health situation that has suddenly taken a dramatic turn downward far faster than expected since we made the decision to host. What in late August was "some time in the next 5 years, but probably 1-2" has become "any day now" for some VERY major surgery.

On top of that, another very key person ran into a business issue that will take well into next year to resolve, and there's a risk he could be taken out through next summer. One or the other of us being unavailable would be fine, but both adds an element of risk that's unacceptable. There's a lot of talent and dedication in the two clubs, but the two whose involvement could be greatly curtailed are the ones that have 6 years experience in organizing model boating events.

Those two individuals really need to get this off their plates (now) and concentrate on staying alive and maintaining an income.

Our two clubs wanted this really bad and quite a bit of work had already been done. Members from both clubs wanted to forge ahead but we've decided for good of the hobby, that it's best to pass the Nats on to Puget while there is still plenty of time.

I've had a running dialog with Jim Bickford since our race in late July, starting with conversations to clarify who was going to host in '07. The Puget club voted last Saturday and are good to go.

Although the exact date won't be confirmed until mid next week, we want to post the venue change. There should be time for anyone who has to book vacations and ample time to book flights and accomodations.

If anyone has paid for unrefundable travel or lodging to be in WI next year, let me know and we'll cover what was spent.

Our apologies, but stuff happens.

Thanks, Doug.

Last edited by a moderator:
To all, Doug and I have been inncontact for some time about this issue. Our club Puget Sound Fast Electric Model Boat Club Had our winter meeting last Sat.the 25 and voted to host the Fast Electric Nats. in 2007. We do not have the exact dates as yet but will firm up next week with the city of Monroe wa. It appears that it will be the last week of June but will not know for sure until then. I will keep all informed as soon as we have it. :)

Jim Bickford

Vice Commodore

PSFEMBC

Ok guys I had a meeting with the Monroe, Wa. Parks Dept. and it is now official the FE Nats. will be held at Lake Tye Park located in Monroe Wa. The dates will be June27 -- july 1, 2007. This is a great lake with motels within 10 minutes, restaurants within 10 minutes and many other amities close by. :)

We will be haveing more meetings and will keep all informed. The sign up web site will be up shortly. So hope to see you there B)

Thanks for the info, will see if we can get there!

Russ

Ok guys I had a meeting with the Monroe, Wa. Parks Dept. and it is now official the FE Nats. will be held at Lake Tye Park located in Monroe Wa. The dates will be June27 -- july 1, 2007. This is a great lake with motels within 10 minutes, restaurants within 10 minutes and many other amities close by. :)

We will be haveing more meetings and will keep all informed. The sign up web site will be up shortly. So hope to see you there B)

Latest posts

Back