NAMBA Electric OPC Tunnel Rules?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron

Is it 12 cell, brushed motor, or brushless motor?

Also, is there a lipo conversion to run the class?

Thanks!

Thanks!
The NAMBA FE OPC is P class. 12 cell or 4 S lipo. I hear at least one club runs it with under Limited spec. SP 700 motor rules.

I've been labeled a trouble maker for pointing it out to NAMBA officers, but there aren't any other NAMBA FE OPC rules.

"OPC Tunnel

i)

"Electric rules are not intended to be a supplement to the NAMBA Outboard rules and as such must not comply with any of the rules therein."

I've sent a rule proposal per the NAMBA rules a few months ago, but so far it seems to have been tabled it appears.

Terry's comments

"I'm okay with this but what we're going to find is that there is so little demand for this clarification that we'll get almost no votes. We'll (NAMBA) be spending the dough to print, distribute, and re-distribute rule sections to clarify a class no one os running.

Another factor to consider is that FE has had more rule changes in the passed two years than the entire book has seen since it's printing. If I were a fuel guy I would be getting pretty tired of hearing about FE rules. "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I guess it would cost too much to include this proposal with the other rule proposals.

Will the FE OPC ever grow , if there no rules ? hmmmmm probably not :)

Sarcastic ? guilty :)

Dick Roberts

Abq NM

Here's my suggestion.

NAMBA should adopt a rule that says we'll only entertain rule changes once every three years or unless an elected officer wants a rule change because of saftey issues.

Too many rule changes already - I'm out for this season.

BTW - I run F/E OPC and I still don't want to hear any more about rule changes.

Dan

Thanks!
The NAMBA FE OPC is P class. 12 cell or 4 S lipo. I hear at least one club runs it with under Limited spec. SP 700 motor rules.

I've been labeled a trouble maker for pointing it out to NAMBA officers, but there aren't any other NAMBA FE OPC rules.

"OPC Tunnel

i)

"Electric rules are not intended to be a supplement to the NAMBA Outboard rules and as such must not comply with any of the rules therein."

I've sent a rule proposal per the NAMBA rules a few months ago, but so far it seems to have been tabled it appears.

Terry's comments

"I'm okay with this but what we're going to find is that there is so little demand for this clarification that we'll get almost no votes. We'll (NAMBA) be spending the dough to print, distribute, and re-distribute rule sections to clarify a class no one os running.

Another factor to consider is that FE has had more rule changes in the passed two years than the entire book has seen since it's printing. If I were a fuel guy I would be getting pretty tired of hearing about FE rules. "

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I guess it would cost too much to include this proposal with the other rule proposals.

Will the FE OPC ever grow , if there no rules ? hmmmmm probably not :)

Sarcastic ? guilty :)

Dick Roberts

Abq NM

So can I run my tunnel with a 6,000 mAh 4s lipo and high kv Neu bl motor?

So can I run my tunnel with a 6,000 mAh 4s lipo and high kv Neu bl motor?
Yes Ron , according to NAMBA P rules

#1 Dan , its not a rule change , there are no hull rules for FE OPC

#2 , your proposal will require a rule change :)

Dick

Hi Ron

I learned today that there are apparently other rules not printed in FE OPC rules if you plan on racing at the NAMBA Nationals.

I asked Darin Jordan what rules they used at the 2007 Nationals.

He answered that there has been a "gentlemans agreement" for the past couple of seasons where guys are following LSH rules and running the 700 SS1 style motors and 12-cells. Only the Puget Sound club members were involved in this class so it was decided to run the LSH 700 motors on 4S1P Lipos instead of 12-cells...

Dick

Hi RonI learned today that there are apparently other rules not printed in FE OPC rules if you plan on racing at the NAMBA Nationals.

I asked Darin Jordan what rules they used at the 2007 Nationals.

He answered that there has been a "gentlemans agreement" for the past couple of seasons where guys are following LSH rules and running the 700 SS1 style motors and 12-cells. Only the Puget Sound club members were involved in this class so it was decided to run the LSH 700 motors on 4S1P Lipos instead of 12-cells...

Dick
Thanks Dick.

I wanted to get into and race OPC SAW this November but it seems too complicated plus I don't know anything about a gentlemans agreement or any other agreements out there so I'll just stick with what I know.

Thanks again guys for trying to help me.

Ron.

The NAMBA OPC class specifies the hull type and engine mounting. It does not specify battery class. All the records have been set with P class batteries.

Lohring MIller

Look again Lohring , Its listed as P OPC Any legal P class batteries are legal.

The NAMBA OPC class specifies the hull type and engine mounting. It does not specify battery class. All the records have been set with P class batteries.
Lohring MIller

Flyguy or Ron, the current record was set with a brushless motor and 12 round cells. I put on the electric saw in LA and I have only seen 1 or 2 tunnels show up. There is no gentlemens agreement. Only the standard rules. If you think your boat is faster than the current record then I say bring it on down and give it your best shot. No fear. :(

Mark

We've been running it in WI and MN with 700s for several years.

The 05 MI Nats ran them with 700's.

Our club will be testing a spec BL setup, but our lower legs will have adapters to allow us to swap to 700s.

I don't understand the lack of popularity. I think tunnels are a riot.

They go hard!

Hey Ron, I offered up my FE tunnel a couple of years ago to some guys over ther but noone wanted to break a record with it...I was doing the record speed with old equipment and not even pushing it. And that was over here, we all know boats go even faster in the USofA ;) :lol:

Kris

Latest posts

Back