My new .12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh boy, it's been a while since I ordered one. I want to say $152.00 but don't quote me on it.

Oh boy, it's been a while since I ordered one. I want to say $152.00 but don't quote me on it.
That ain't too bad. I was thinking like 300+ dollars. You're right! .12s are a whole new game.

Just remember, though. You, Tom, and I started it.

There were a few others before us as Andy Brown is selling a rigger but it is pricy. Frank Bonanno (sp.) had one way back in the day but wasn't well-known. There were at that time though that we knew that these were not just toy boats but had potential to be very fast and fun for a relatively low cost. The JAE team really brought these to the forefront. Now we've got to share our little secret once more people see them in competition.

Hey Hammer, welcome back! I sell the Nova .12 for $160. That includes the water cooled head, flywheel, carb (works great!). These motor require NO mods to run in your boat! Just screw on the collet (I have the correct ones in stock for $11) and go. The timing numbers in the sleeve are perfect boat numbers at 128/178.

Glenn

Hey Hammer, welcome back! I sell the Nova .12 for $160. That includes the water cooled head, flywheel, carb (works great!). These motor require NO mods to run in your boat! Just screw on the collet (I have the correct ones in stock for $11) and go. The timing numbers in the sleeve are perfect boat numbers at 128/178.

Glenn
Thanks for the info! I PM'ed you, Glenn.

See what happens when you go away for awhile. You fall behind the times; that's for sure. I was kindly refunded for the TR at the local hobby shop. I wish that I had known about all this stuff before I jumped into it. Thanks Ron, and Kevin for steering me in the right direction.

Marty

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kevin, I was checking out some pics of the .12 lighting. I would love to get my hands on just the engine cowl. I wonder if that would be possible.

Marty

I've made a little progress. I finished the turn fin spar and the rudder mount. They are pretty heavy duty. I used 10 ply carbon fiber. I epoxied 2 5 ply plates back to back. I also made a lid for the radio compartment out of carbon fiber. Gotta love the carbon. Lucky I had some plates stock piled from when I was in Japan. The price of fabric has gone through the roof. $65.00 for a sq. yard. Ouch! Still waiting on the SS tank from Walt.

As soon as I get it, I will be able to skin the bottom. With the servo rack I made, I should be able to just glue it to the bottom. It's starting to take shape. Getting excited for summer :D

Hey Kevin, I was checking out some pics of the .12 lighting. I would love to get my hands on just the engine cowl. I wonder if that would be possible.

Marty

I know a guy that knows a guy that might make one for you. :D Hey Bro get busy you have a customer.

So do I get a commission:)
I already PayPal'ed Tim. I have one on its way. I guess this new project will be a lightning hammer .12 :p .

Got the NR yesterday. Custom pipe looks sweet. Big thanks goes to Glenn!

Marty

Hammerhead,

Your 12 size tank is on the way, now you can finish, and run the boat say within a couple of days. LOL :lol:

thanks

Walt Barney

Tanks 2 U

So do I get a commission:)
I already PayPal'ed Tim. I have one on its way. I guess this new project will be a lightning hammer .12 :p .

Got the NR yesterday. Custom pipe looks sweet. Big thanks goes to Glenn!

Marty

Oh so that must be the cowl that he laided up the other day in my shop. It should be ready to ship by Thursdy Marty.

Mark
So you get a commission also since he used your shop!!!!

Back