My jae12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydro rob

Finaly got it done and get to run it tommorow. Such a great experience buliding this kit.

BB002-1.jpg

Somebody is gonna ask, who scribbled on the tub? Looks like it might have been Geraghty.

Finaly got it done and get to run it tommorow. Such a great experience buliding this kit.

BB002-1.jpg

Kudos....you have done the JAE design team proud........you will find tomorrow that there is great satisfaction

in running something "you" built..... B)

I would love to have an autographed 8 X 10 glossy of that photo,building table ,tools IPOD and all, to hang in my shop.........

the experience you had building the kit is what this whole JAE thing was all about.........

you are officially now a builder not just a buyer.....

Be sure to post how your JAE.12G runs tomorrow......

[After you run the .12 boat.....remember .....there is a great .21 and soon to be gas boat at Zippkits just a waitin' for glue and paint.... :D :D ..]

Rod Geraghty

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant wait for the gas kit, there are 4 of us in our club waiting for it to release and we are all over it! let me get it printed out.....

If you think that the .12 and .21 versions are all that we're typing about, wait until the gas version comes out!

I set it up last night, ran half a tank to set the needle, wieghed it at 2.68 lbs with the half tank of fuel, dropped it in the water this morning and all I can say is, I havent been this happy about something in a very long time. No adjustments needed. just drop and go, no needle turns, no strut adjustment, gas and go.

I want to say thank you to zippkits and the jae design team for making this possible. You have no idea. Thank you. All i know is 3 guys are going out to buy these now from our club so its a winner. Here are some vids, sorry for the shaky camera guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo1r6f_x3RY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPnDSe8lAH8

I clicked on the first vid and it said "video not available"...........?? Second one worked though......

I set it up last night, ran half a tank to set the needle, wieghed it at 2.68 lbs with the half tank of fuel, dropped it in the water this morning and all I can say is, I havent been this happy about something in a very long time. No adjustments needed. just drop and go, no needle turns, no strut adjustment, gas and go.

I want to say thank you to zippkits and the jae design team for making this possible. You have no idea. Thank you. All i know is 3 guys are going out to buy these now from our club so its a winner. Here are some vids, sorry for the shaky camera guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo1r6f_x3RY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPnDSe8lAH8
Try a 1440 from Mark Sholund or a stock V437/3 ....the V940 is to much prop....

I ran with a guy today who ran the shouland 1440 and a x437/3 and mine was a good bit faster. We are all running the 18tz out here, if I can get the video to upload you will see that its doing very well and plenty fast for me. we shall see how it does in our fisrt upcomming rigger race next weekend.

Rob I cant wait to see yours run! c'mon youtube!!!! I was so impressed with mine today but alas, no vid, way to rainy and crap to pull the camera out!.

I ran with a guy today who ran the shouland 1440 and a x437/3 and mine was a good bit faster. We are all running the 18tz out here, if I can get the video to upload you will see that its doing very well and plenty fast for me. we shall see how it does in our fisrt upcomming rigger race next weekend.
Opps.....I thought your motor was a .12......my glasses are dirty and It's hell to get old..... :p ;) :D

Your JAE12G runs great........

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good Rob! So...have you tried a 1440 with your setup at all? Just curious, that's all...

-Kent

no havent tried the 1440. I ran with a guy who had one on his jae 12, same setup but non turbo head tz and it was a good bit faster. I have a 1440 that I want to try though and a bar cut m445.

Back