My 68 Bardahl is Finished (almost)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ray Barnes

First thing I would like to say is thanks to Joe Wieblhaus for all his patience and time he has spent helping me get this boat where it is. If it wasn't for Joe I don't know how this would have turned out. He is definitly a great asset to this hobby. Allot of phone calls and emails. This is my first boat along with my first attempt to run one of these. If the weather holds out, tonight will be the first time I try to get her on the water. I'm pretty excited and nervous at the same time. I must have gone over everything in my head a million times and I'm sure I forgot something. The paint job came out pretty good considering I never did it before. The color on top of the deck was left alone. I did have to redo some of the black checkers and touch ups. As you can see from the previous pictures everything from the deck line down has been redone and painted. I also have redone the center engine bay. Then I cleared the whole thing. I haven't got a chance yet to mount the fake engine,but have a good idea what I'm going to do. I also left the cowl the way it was for now. I need to make some changes to the driver and gauges to make it more correct. All in all it came out pretty good. Now I need to get some practice under my belt to be able to race her. Here are some photos. Most of the latest are on the last few pages.

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=668

Looks great Ray, nothing like the scale guys always willing to lend a helping hand with fellow boaters!!

Regards,

Bucky

First thing I would like to say is thanks to Joe Wieblhaus for all his patience and time he has spent helping me get this boat where it is. If it wasn't for Joe I don't know how this would have turned out. He is definitly a great asset to this hobby. Allot of phone calls and emails. This is my first boat along with my first attempt to run one of these. If the weather holds out, tonight will be the first time I try to get her on the water. I'm pretty excited and nervous at the same time. I must have gone over everything in my head a million times and I'm sure I forgot something. The paint job came out pretty good considering I never did it before. The color on top of the deck was left alone. I did have to redo some of the black checkers and touch ups. As you can see from the previous pictures everything from the deck line down has been redone and painted. I also have redone the center engine bay. Then I cleared the whole thing. I haven't got a chance yet to mount the fake engine,but have a good idea what I'm going to do. I also left the cowl the way it was for now. I need to make some changes to the driver and gauges to make it more correct. All in all it came out pretty good. Now I need to get some practice under my belt to be able to race her. Here are some photos. Most of the latest are on the last few pages.
https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=668

Ray,

Great job! Let us know how the test run goes!

Dave

Well... Testing wont be until Thursday. We are having some good down pours of rain as I type this. Thanks for the compliments.

Joe is a huge asset to our hobby,, cant tell you how many phone calls and emails back inforth about information on my scales,,, and it doesnt stop at that,,when we meet at the races,,he shares my tent and trailer and in between heats we work on various scales as many as two to three at a time...little things that for a new person like me are huge tasks,,,Joe just rolls his eyes and moves me out of the way and shows me what and why things are to be done...

Excellent job on your new project ,,,please keep us posted .....

Boat looks awsome one of my alltime fav hydros. Joe is a great guy and a great asset to the R.C boating comunity

I don't care what you do, these old round noses are a hand full. Mine is the hardest boat I ever drove but it's also a blast. You just never quite know where it is going to come out of the turns at. I have to keep mine haingin on the turn fin just a little to keep it stable at high speeds otherwise it will start to chine walk like the real one.

I don't care what you do, these old round noses are a hand full. Mine is the hardest boat I ever drove but it's also a blast. You just never quite know where it is going to come out of the turns at. I have to keep mine haingin on the turn fin just a little to keep it stable at high speeds otherwise it will start to chine walk like the real one.
Sweet boat Ray hope you like it, mine turns on a dime gotta race that stinkin checker boat this weekend. its hammer time GO BIG RED MAN

Sweet boat Ray hope you like it, mine turns on a dime gotta race that stinkin checker boat this weekend. its hammer time GO BIG RED MAN
As a side note i now have available some of that wonderful rub rail silver with black dots. email me if you need [email protected] sure makes a scale look good

Last edited by a moderator:
As a side note i now have available some of that wonderful rub rail silver with black dots. email me if you need [email protected] sure makes a scale look good
Hay, bring some extra this weekend.

Back