more harm than good

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m brater

After I get done running for the day (k&b 7.5 pro otbrd) I disconnect the fuel line to carb and start the engine to burn off the fuel inside the engine and it revs real high going lean and running out of fuel, am I doing more harm than good? After that I flush w/ wd-40 then marvel MO. thanks, Mike

After the days running with my outboards, I start the engine with whatever fuel is left in the tank. I then idle it down and pull the fuel line off the carb and throttle the engine so it doesn't rev too high. I then start squirting wd-40 in the oil lubrication holes at the top of the bearing housing and then the pto housing and then at the prop. After this I then flow the Marvel mystery oil in the carb and lubrication holes. It is also a good idea to loosen the plug. When you get a good flow of after run oil at the plug, your done. Grease up the pto bearing with Lubriplate and clean up the engine and lower unit and wrap a rag around it. This is the fresh water procedure. Salt water is another story.....

Latest posts

Back