• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

modified crankshaft

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izitbrokeyet?

I made a couple today, stuffed (transitioned) with metalized epoxy (highest grade) and timing adjusted to 65 closing........anyone interested?

I'm running one and it rocks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tim.... these are new stock inboard LS cranks that Open at 216 btdc and close at 64 atdc with a duration of 208. I've adjusted this one to close at 65 atdc for about 209 degrees of duration.

just a note: it may time out a little differently in the older RX21 crankcase. They are the same crank though. The ones I have are the newest ones with the Lazer engraved batch number on the counterweight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any idea on the numbers in the RX case?

Also - what did you cut the port edge with? Mill?

Cost?

Thanks,

Tim.

Tim,

I would need one of the older Rx 21 cases to give you good objective numbers. I can say that I have a high level of confidence that the timing is consistent with the Pre-eminent Novarossi modifier's cranks.

I suspect the timing on the old/new cases due to the induction identical due to the need to maintain product compatibility across different models. An easy way to tell would be to measure the width of the bottom of the induction throat in your crankcase. If you come up with 9.00mm then the timing is the same between the old and new cases.

I use diamond mounted cylinders in a "wet" process to cut the crankshaft. I do the cuts in the wet to make sure that none of the heat-treating is lost. I do have a mill, but I've found a dremel with a flex-shaft to be the tool of choice with the crankshaft. I reserve the mill for cuts in the case, piston and sleeve.

I made two of the shafts that I'm currently running. I did this thinking that I would continually need to re-work one of the shafts' metalized epoxy stuffing. I ran one of the shafts without any problems and it appears the shaft will last a good long time, so the additional one is for sale.

I’d like to get at least $45US for the shaft, delivered worldwide.

Back