ML310 build thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ah, your into a totally different world now then a rigger. BTW, i have never been able to get a sport 20 hull to turn like a rigger, so dont get too disappointed if it seems like its sliding more in the turns ;)

Well glad you got to run it,It sounds fun.I had that problem with sliding in the corners with the white sp 20,Went with a few fins and put on a grim fin.it turns real fast now.Not like a rigger tho..I would like to build one of them jae kits from zip kits..Well good luck and get some vids.

I got another short test session in today.

Same set up, except a Sholund AB 4053 BC. Same issue as yesterday, still had a radio box leak. I think I have them all fixed now.

This prop was very easy to spin. I could launch slower, the prop would spin a little and grab. Pipe at 7.5, I know that sounds crazy short but that is where I ran it on the other 5p also. It's spinning up well. The boat needs a more rudder throw than I'm used to on my riggers. Better water today and I could see the hull ride and response better. All good as I can see. If it started to get loose it would respond to inputs, rudder or letting off gas,.. and settle back down easily.

I can easily run more prop. I have a X442 BC to test also. It will be interesting when I get this dialed in well and see how it responds at high speeds.. I'm very confident it will do well.. Probably running about 45-48 at this point.. not super fast.. but tons fun.. I can see why people like to race sport boats. More driving involved than a rigger.

When I get it dialed in I will be able to better compare the lifting to non lifting props.

Tony,

The ABC 40 x 53 is very conservative so you could break the motor in.

Try the X-442 B/C and then try an H-4 or an H -5 next, just watch how much cup

you run on the Sport Boat.

Thanks For The Call,

Mark

Thanks Mark. This motor is not new. It's new to me,.. but a just broken in motor, really runs well.. as good as any of my 5p's

It's going to get interesting soon. I'm thing 1445 or x445,.. We'll try 442 first..

here is the finished boat,.. the paint and finish is not so good. but it's a bit of a prototype,.. looking forward to some more thorough testing

gp310-5.jpg

gp310-1.jpg

gp310-2.jpg

gp310-3.jpg

gp310-4.jpg

It's not as fast as the s pipe, but it's much easier to tune and set up,. it will work well with lots of props.

Got some good testing in today. x442 seems to be the best prop I have right now going to try some more. The only lifting prop I have even close to this size had way too much cup.

Lost my flippin cowl on my second run,.. had it taped down, still blew off..

Comments or thoughts please... what would you guys suggest? The video that is actually horizontal,. the boat fell way off for speed.. I found the needle servo loose.. I think it got a bit rich..

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah,.. I forgot to put the foam in... I thought it was secured well. Oh well.. I'll buy another one..

No comments? is it still slow? I thought it was pretty quick?

2ntz37o.jpg
15f203l.jpg
290wqrm.jpg
2jevhnc.jpg
thank you for such an amazing Kit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back