Miss Vegas Electric Conversion-Latest Vid

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

properchopper

Again, thanks for letting me tread where the IC boats live. With a fresh set of batteries and a little "dark magic" to a prop, she's about as fast as I need to go.[ a few

hairs over 60 mph]. I have the strut raised a bit to let the engine stay spooled, but in the vid you can see when the stern drops & the prop gets more bite the boat leaps out of the water. Enjoy !!

Tony

SoCal Fast Electrics

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, thanks for letting me tread where the IC boats live. With a fresh set of batteries and a little "dark magic" to a prop, she's about as fast as I need to go.[ a few

hairs over 60 mph]. I have the strut raised a bit to let the engine stay spooled, but in the vid you can see when the stern drops & the prop gets more bite the boat leaps out of the water. Enjoy !!

Tony

SoCal Fast Electrics

So this is where you have been hiding at, a private lake drinking beer and eating pizza without the hassles of Legg Lake. That lake doesn't look like any fun, we have to avoid all the debris in the lake after the heavy rain. Your boat is getting faster every time I see it. Richard.

Tony

SoCal Fast Electrics

Richard,

I'm planning to be at Legg Sunday. I haven't gotten a new key yet, so I hope someone'll be there. I figured there would be lots of runoff trash so I stayed home last Sunday. I need to make some data recorder runs to prep for the AZ race so hope to see you there.

Tony

that vegas sure is cookin boy... electrics impress me every day... they have come so far... i have one question for you though... what flex shaft you using??? i wouldnt think the aqua one would hold up to that kind of power and rpm... just wondering...

very cool...

alden

that vegas sure is cookin boy... electrics impress me every day... they have come so far... i have one question for you though... what flex shaft you using??? i wouldnt think the aqua one would hold up to that kind of power and rpm... just wondering...

very cool...

alden

Alden, I'm using a Jeff Wohlt .078 wire drive and ball bearing strut [RCRACEBOATS.com]. I've read here that some MV's are having problems eating flexshafts. Give Jeff a shout by e-mail and he may able to set up a system . The strut is the stock Vegas one that Jeff bores for the ball bearings and uses a 3/16 shaft although I believe he can accomodate whatever. I don't know how the IC Vegas motor coupler sets up, but check with Jeff & he might be able to supply it as well. Tell him I sent 'ya so I can get some brownie points !

Tony

well i knew somthin had been changed... :) ... i just didnt see those aqua cables workin under that kind of load and rpm... couple passes im sure they would break.. i have heard the same about the flex's but have personally never experienced a issue with them as of yet... i twisted my fair share,, but its usually after a blow off i just couldnt catch before it re-entered... i appriciate the tip,,, im not really interested in changing over but i do appriciate it...

alden

Tony

SoCal Fast Electrics

I'll be there doing some testing before the races at Lake Havasu the following weekend.

wow, that's fast but your right about stability for the deuce. Even in nitro trim, anything over 43mph starts to get very unstable. A lot of vegas boats in my pond put weight in the front of their nitro boats. About an average of 4 oz usually in the front or on sponson tips. Did you put some weight in front? Good work though. I don't think even a TZ can compete in a 6 lap heat race with what you have...it's only chance is if you flip or you run out of juice.

Keep it up.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of difference in what kind of speed the Miss Vegas and the Vegas Deuce can handle.

The Miss Vegas can handle much more.

Grim

wow, that's fast but your right about stability for the deuce. Even in nitro trim, anything over 43mph starts to get very unstable. A lot of vegas boats in my pond put weight in the front of their nitro boats. About an average of 4 oz usually in the front or on sponson tips. Did you put some weight in front? Good work though. I don't think even a TZ can compete in a 6 lap heat race with what you have...it's only chance is if you flip or you run out of juice.

Keep it up.

Ron

I started out with @ 6 0z. up front but slowly worked the cg by shifting the batt's and strut settings until no weight is needed. With the current setup I can run 6 laps + mill easily on the 4S2P 10,000 MAH battery setup. Staying alive in racewater is another thing, you're right about that. The boat does hold the current NAMBA P-Sport Hydro 2-Lap record, and with lots more prop to go, I'm shooting to beat my current record soon. [ Motor & SC : Neu 1515 1Y & CC Hydra 240 LV - tweaked Oct. M445]

Tony

Lots of difference in what kind of speed the Miss Vegas and the Vegas Deuce can handle.

The Miss Vegas can handle much more.

Grim
Interesting comment Grim. Is it do to the added ride height or the AoA, or both? I think with stock rtr, the deuce is best, but when you start to use hotter motors, the original hull MV is the way to go. And I'm assuming your referring to stability at higher speeds, right?

you are dead right man

We made changes to the Vegas Deuce so it worked better on lower .18 size power.

When.. we run a 21 in them its back to the old hull.

Grim

Back