"Miss Bud - VS 22 "

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Buckmaster

Guys,

I'm trying to get some photo's and information reguarding the 1973 Miss Budweiser. This particular boat was purchased from the Little's and came over to Australia in 1976 and began it's life as "Miss Bud" VS 22

I have be given an old R/C Unlimiteds program from 1981 and it has a picture of a 1/8 scale hydroplane that was built in the states as a replica of the "Miss Bud VS 22" boat. Does anyone know the whereabouts of this boat today?? From the program I have it has the owner listed as John Montgomery and the designer as Les Ruggles. The real VS 22 boat has since left Oz and is sitting in the Hydroplane musuem awaiting refurbishment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Photo of real boat.

http://www.ampba.asn.au/Coppermine/display...cat=10006&pos=0

Thanks,

Brett Buckmaster

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey bucky

When I tried to race a scale boat i had a miss bud just like that one. I am unsure where it came from I got it through Ian so i will ask him when i see him next. Anyway the boat is in the shed of Wayne H and has a new blue and white paint scheme!! dont know what it is you know i dont care!!! lol.

do you want us to look further? Wayne is curently unavailable for a few days so i can ask him next week.

seeya

dave

Hi Bucky

I have a boat done for that model it just needs dummy engine fitted and paint job.

My son is going to drive it.

My photos of it are on David Newtons web site. They were taken at "St George Power Boat Club" Sydney

when Ken & David Warby drove it just before they sold it back to the States.

Brian

Hi Bucky

I have a boat done for that model it just needs dummy engine fitted and paint job.

My son is going to drive it.

My photos of it are on David Newtons web site. They were taken at "St George Power Boat Club" Sydney

when Ken & David Warby drove it just before they sold it back to the States.

Brian
Hi Brian,

Thanks for info, good luck with your's!! I have a few pictures of it, but haven't been able to work out all the writing on the tail. I have photo's of when the Burton's owned it, and have talked to Joe Cooper the owner before the Warby's. Not a happy man as the boat was sold to them under the conditions that the boat remained in Oz. They didn't keep their word!!

Bucky

I believe this is the boat you are talking about http://www.unlimitedexcitement.com/Pride%2...y%20n%20Pak.htm

It is in the posession of the unlimited Excitement a Seattle group tied to the Hydro Museum here is a quote from ther site

We have recently taken possession of our third boat -- the 1970-1972 Pride of Pay 'n Pak/1973-1975 Miss Budweiser. She is in her Australian "Aussie Bud" livery (VS-222 Miss Bud), and in remarkably good condition. We've test fired the Merlin and have a bit of work to do before we're ready to run, but look forward to having her join the Griffon Budweiser in the near future.

Jim Clark

Thanks Jim,

That is the boat I'm talking about, do you or know anyone that could put me in contact with this group of people.

Regards,

Bucky

Tried Jim,

Appears that the email address is no longer valid, does anyone know any members of this group?

Thanks,

Bucky

Thanks a lot Jim,

Even that email doesn't work for me, must be us ozzies!!! Have posted onto their forum so I'll have to wait and see what appears.

Regards,

Brett

Also does anyone make the front nose cowl for these buds??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back