Michigan Cup Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Olson

I just got home from Lansing after attending my first Electric boat race. I was different from what I'm used to, but still a lot of exciting heats.

I got to meet a lot of people that you normally only read about like Chris Fine and the FDM team, Ken Joye, Doug Twaits Jr., Dennis Whitt, truckpull and a few others who's names escape me at the moment because I'm so tired.

I took some shots and got a lot on tape that I'm going to watch in a little while, I'll post the pix when I get the film developed.

They had some nice prizes to give out but the drawings aren't until tomorrow. I thought that it might be funny if I won the Climate Boatworks kit!

I'll keep running my nitro burners but it was fun to watch anyway. I'm waiting to see the final results.

One final note, whoever brings home the trophies and even those that didn't, they worked for it! The weather was lousy, cold, rainy and windy.

How about it guys! Who won at the races? You had better weather there today which you needed badly after what you had to put up with on Saturday. I guess that I didn't win the Climate 'rigger, no phone calls at my house tonight!

Maybe I'll get the film developed tomorrow and post some pix.

Good News Ron! You won a Fine Design SS1!!!It is a Big can motor thats used in LSH.Give me a call at work today and Ill get it out to you.517-851-7035.

Ya!!! Rons going[glow=red,2,300] DC[/glow] :eek:

Would love to see pics when you get a chance Ron.

LOU

It's a good thing that I've hung on to a lot of my electric stuff! Now I'm going to have to find a hull to drop it in.

I was looking at all of those cool boats there thinking how great they could be if I dropped a .12 engine in them! ;D Those electric boys do have some nice boats!

Dennis, you could come down here on the 14th for the fun run and deliver it yourself and bring some boats along to show the nitro guys how it's done! I'll call you now.

That would be really cool if some of you electric guys showed up in Kzoo on the 14th. the more the merrier!!! I just hope the weather will be good. We are meeting at 10:00 am at the Spring Valley Park. Hope to see you there!

OK OK

Im freeking out here.. Did the start files work worth a darn?

I mean i know the sound quality might not have been top knotch and there is some long hair hippe on the files but DID THEY WORK..

Grim

OK, I just got home with the pix. Walgreen's doesn't do the best job in the world but they are close by. his one ought to be Fine Design Marines "tent".

Crappy shot huh? Here's another one, I think that the people back by the wall were part of RRR:

OK OK

Im freeking out here.. Did the start files work worth a darn?

I mean i know the sound quality might not have been top knotch and there is some long hair hippe on the files but DID THEY WORK..Grim
YES your start files worked fantastic. Thanks a million!

Back