2008 NAMBA FE Nationals - ALMOST HERE!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin Jordan

OK Guys... The 2008 NAMBA FE Nats start in a week from today! Open water on Wednesday, with racing starting on Thursday!

Here is a like to the website with info: http://www.dmwb.org/nats/main.htm

Not a huge turnout, but good quality with lots of fun in store! Should be a good time for those that attend!

If you happen to live near Nicolaus, CA, or are up for a day trip, come on out and enjoy the day with us! Nothing like being there to get inspired to do more in this hobby... B)

There will be several there with LapTops, and if I can bum one from somebody during the day or after the events, I'll make sure to post some updates to keep you all up to speed.

The racing schedule works out like this:

THURSDAY:

• LSO (SV27/BJ27 Power systems in Offshore Monos, P-Power specs)
  • N1-Mono
  • N2-Hydro
  • Q-Offshore

FRIDAY:

• N2-Sport Hydro
  • P-Mono
  • T-Mono
  • Spec-19T Mono (DWMB Club Class, 19T Super Stock Monos w/ N2 Power specs)
  • P-Spec OPC Tunnel (SV27/BJ26 Power Systems on OPC Tunnels, P-Power Specs)

SATURDAY:

• N2-Mono
  • P-Offshore
  • P-Hydro
  • Spec SV27
  • T-Offshore

SUNDAY:

• N-Spec 19T Hydro (Small Riggers running 19T Super Stock motors, N-Power Specs)
  • N2-Offshore
  • P-Sport
  • Q-Mono
  • LSH

Entrie numbers for each class are as follows:

• LSO => 12
  • N1-Mono => 6
  • N2-Hydro => 8
  • Q-Offshore => 4
  • N2-Sport => 13
  • P-Mono => 12
  • T-Mono => 4
  • Spec-19T Mono => 7
  • P-Spec OPC Tunnel => 9
  • N2-Mono => 14
  • P-Offshore => 14
  • P-Hydro => 5
  • Spec SV27 => 11
  • T-Offshore => 3
  • N-Spec 19T Hydro => 6
  • N2-Offshore => 11
  • P-Sport => 11
  • Q-Mono => 5
  • LSH => 11

So... even though there are only 18 entered drivers, there are plenty of hotly contested classes with multiple heats of HOT racing action!! With the two laps events being held each afternoon as well, it's all but GUARANTEED to be a very exciting event!

The two Spec 19T Club Classes being raced are what N1 would be had the proposal to change it's specs from 27T to 19T gone through for a vote. With the ROAR introduction of the 13.5 Brushless motors to the "Super Stock" specs, these two classes should be a good testing grounds to compare the BL to the Brushed variants of the "Super Stock" Spec... I know there will be a good combination of both motor types... Should be INTERESTING!

We also have some drivers coming from the other side of the country. Ken Haines and Mike Martin are flying in from Florida, and Doug Twaits, Jr. is signed up from District 1 up on the northern part of the east coast. Combined with the David Newland from Arizona, the racers from California, and those coming from our club... there should be plenty to watch and learn from!

I'm very excited to finally get to meet and hang out with all of these guys and get to know them on a personal level, away from the keyboard. Perhaps an opportunity to talk and get a better understanding and maybe mend some fences that have been weakened from the past two years of rules struggles in NAMBA...

Time to put that all aside and just RACE!

Please come out and join us if you get the chance... It's going to be memorable... B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be there as " the man on the mike ".

For tho's of you who have never seen FE racing you NEED to come and see , you will be impressed.

As a diehard nitro guy I CD'd the last FE Nat's held here in Dist 9 and was very impressed with the performance of this OTHER power sorce. I steel don't race FE but will help put on a big race like this in our Dist. just to be able to see the peformance of these boats and meet boaters from other tipes of racing.

So come on out fokes.

Tom.

And that was when we used NiMHs. Wait until you see what we can do now with Lipos!!! Plus we'll have at least 2 classes of large boats going - T mono and T offshore. 10S (42 volt max) boats with motors the size of a soda can pulling 200 amps and turning up around 30,000 rpm. Oh yeah, we're going to have some fun!!!

I'll be there as " the man on the mike ".
That's VERY cool Tom... I look forward to meeting you!

Randy, Bill, and John... I just wanted to let you know that I'll be there sometime on Tuesday afternoon... So if you need some help getting things setup on Wednesday, I'll be available to lend a hand if needed...

Back