maus sport40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom v.d Brink

well i have been interested in this boat for so long now allready but really can't find any other information about it other then the rc boat article from way back.

can some one who has one help me with some more detail pictures of the hull

i have tried to find them on the internet but i think they are not easilly available anymore or can they still be bought?

and how do you find the driving results with this hull?

hope some one has some good pictures

Thanks

Tom van den Brink

I have a Maus sport 40 thats been cut down the middle and widened 1" then I added 2" to the back of the sponsons to move the turn fin back and get the balance point kinda close to where I thought it should be. Basically making the sponsons like the AC sport 40. Yet to race it though or even run against another sport 40 but it seems to go pretty good. I've only had it out 2 times though so I'm still trying to get it dialed in. Will probably run it this week sometime.

hey! i got one, too! actually there two old scorpions runnin here in cedar rapids, one with old piccos(mine) and the other cmb/gold the hull is great, we dont achieve the speeds the newer hulls do by far, maybe motor, i cranked mine 2 weeks ago to maybe 55, it was gettin flighty, been fightin with it for the summer, as i entered my first race this spring, and got smoked, regardless, its a stable nice to run hull that i enjoy, if id quit tryin to keep up, id have a real consistent boat, but... you know. anyway interested in the mods mr stewart, i run mine bone stock, dont think itd take more than an old worn out picco...... still... turns like on rails, good rough water hull, im happy with it, the other cat is gettin 55/7 maybe 60 outta his.... stock, just cmb power.... if i could post pics i would... happy to give info if needed later mike

okay cool so they are still around

the link mike hughes gave did look sort of like the old boat.

but i guess it was the old cowl that really made it look good. (the long tunnel shape cowl)

the open rear doesn't look as attractive to me.

mike steward:

if you could try put some pictures of your mods up on the gallery or by email

that would be great sounds good to mod it like that.

thanks

Tom

mike, are those pic's of your boat or someone else's. looks good regardless. it's the first i've seen with a front radio box. was this a personal preference or does it run better that way?

It's my boat. I got it from a friend of mine who had run it through a bandsaw and widened it 1". As I started putting it together I felt there was no way this boat would be fast because the balance point was so far back, 2 1/2" behind the turnfin. So I decided to cut the top deck loose to tuck the tanks beside the motor. The motor I mounted through the bottom and moved it as far forward as i could. Next I built a radio box to go up front (the 1" wider made that possible). Only 2 servos fit so no 3rd channel. I can live with 2ch for now. Still working on my driving skills. With these changes the balance point was still way back. To fix that I added 2 1/4" to the back of the sponsons. At the time I was painting an A/C hydro and a Mutt2 for my ideas, which helped alot. The last 2 times I've had it out it's run great. It rides really level, no tail dragging. still waiting to run against another sport 40.

Motor is Picco 45 with exhaust throttle <_< :p . I love cleaning up that mess at the end of the day. ;) ;) Sure works good though.

I will post more pics in the gallery tomorrow.

How would you run the strut on one of theis Maus hull?

DID YOUR HULL LOOK BEET UP OUT OF THE BOX?

My front cowel doent fit its too small, and the frame dubbler is not set strait at the front. Will I have any problems?

Joe

I still have a copy of the original instructions for the Maus Scorpion. Give me your address and I will send you a copy. I set my boat up exactly like the instructions said and my boat ran great.

Joe,

I got mine long after it was new. When I got it, it had just been widened 1". This was a great improvement, I can take turns wide open without barrel rolling in any water condition. I also mounted the motor through the bottom of the hull after epoxying in a carbon fibre plate. Allowed me to put the motor farther forward as the balance point seems to be an issue to me. I can e-mail you pics if you like. So far it's faster than my SS45..........so far anyways.

my 2 cents

Latest posts

Back