maus sport40 instructions pls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom v.d Brink

well i finally bought myself the boat i liked so much when i was young and reading back issues

of boat modeller magazine. i decided to have it painted later in exact colours (orange white black pattern) as in the magazine it will look great.

now what i would like is a copy of the original setup instructions to find out where everything should go according to the plans

can some one email me a scanned copy that they might have around still?

also sport40 drivers (though i will put a .45 inside)

round strut or square?

lifting prop(14series) or non-lift (xseries)?

most apreciated

Tom van den Brink

:) Tom.... Ive one, too.... If, you need me to measure some things , Strut, whatever, i will, Ive an old school picco silverhead/macs pipe in mine, doin around 55, with a beardsley 450/2...... Ive run the 646, also, in rough water.... my boat's no great shakes, I love to take it to the lake on windy days when nothing else will go,..... its one of the most reliable boats in my stable... Im contemplating an horsepower upgrade, with a stepped on mac, or cmb, Id like to make the boat more up to par with todays realm of '40 racers............ what are you guys currently running in yours, and speeds? My hull is totally stock from the factory, I know some guys made changes that are helping the boat gain speed... great boat, have fun...... mike

russel thanks for the manual you send me

can you and mike measure a bit inside like strut depth with the props that work well (or is the standard setup good?) that 1455 is it a stock prop or any mods to it?

if anyone has it can i get some detailed pictures of how you done the radio box engine/tank setup

and of the cowl mounting system that works nice. i want to try to keep everything inside to make the outside look the best without any big interference pieces there

Hey Tom! My strut depth is 1 1/4 inches centerline of strut to bottom of boat.... I run an octura 450/2 s/b it may be pitched from stock but i cant tell ( no gauge yet) Ive run the 646/3 with no discernable speed difference, just better in rougher water and corners better..... if its really hairy out, Ive gone down to a 448/2 also.... I havent undertaken finding/optimizing the prop for this particular boat, yet, as, I find it relaxing and a savior to run when conditions keep my hydros off the water.... My radio box was custom built by the original owner, centrally located, steering right rear throttle right front, third channel left front, receiver left rear, ( sitting in boat) My tank came wwith the boat, its a custom piece made for the hull, someone may have one, ask around...... walt barney could accomplish the need if so, too.... My cowl has a piece of ply with two holes with brass tubing in them, glassed into the very nose, to correspond to the two brass pins glassed into the front of the hull at the tank area. On the rear of the cowl two small aluminum channel pieces with single holes are glassed onto to correspond to pins installed into the rear of the hull aft of the radio box.... start boat, hook front on, sqeeze cowl to lock rears, lift, to check, and launch..... only protrusion on mine is the antenna tube after cowl install..... drill hole according to radio box location..... I can mail pics ( itll be a coupla days, ) Ill need your email addy..... good luck.....Mike

Latest posts

Back