MAUS Champ 21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GTR

Hi Guy's,

Have scored a Maus 21 Champ tunnel - can anyone out there give me any set-up advice on this hull.

C.G.

Prop Height

etc

Thanks in advance

GT 8)

ps. will be used with a stock K&B 8907

GT,

Here's what generally works on most 21 tunnels:

1. C/G - 33% of the distance from the transom going forward(guess it wouldn't make much sense to go backwards)

2. Prop height, c/l of prop 1/8" - 3/8" above the inside edge of the sponsons.

3. The Octura X440 works well, also a Prather 215. A reworked X1440 is popular.

4. The only way to truly "dial in" the boat is to run it. Bring along some stick on lead. I prefer adding lead rather than using negative prop thrust to adjust the ride.

5. Be sure the radio box seals well to prevent water from getting to the r/c gear.

Jerry D.

GT, i thought you were going to slow down with the buying of stuff ;)

What does it look like? I take it that its the older style with the square back?

Dad_boat1.jpg

I like the Maus tunnel, and also the bandit like the one pictured :)

Has anyone here had good results with either of these tunnels?

Kris

Hi Kris

As you get older :) you always slow down :) . No offence JD and others ;D.

My 7.5 Bandit should look like the pic posted but the mouse hull is this.

Needs repainting of course but a must have buy.

Cheers

GT

Guys,

To answer Kris's question, I've had great luck w/both the 7.5 and 3.5 Bandit tunnelhulls. When running them you'll need a slight negative angle because they will run nose high. Also I suggest a 1 to 2 inch motor mount spacer to really balance the boat out proparly. If you run them stock I found the three blades really do the boat justice. If you go mod and add a pipe use a lifting prop like an X1447 or X1450. I didn't run a hopper tank on mine because the cowl is skinny in back so lift the tank up off the hull just a little bit and the boat won't load up and stall.

These are great boats and very fast.

I'm breaking in my stock Maus right now. It's the original Sam Maus Jr hull and boy is it beautiful. Really corners like a mono. You can really crank the wheel and not lose a bit of speed in the turns. I also have added a 1 1/2 inch spacer with a Precision motor mount, similar to the one you got from me Kris. However, for this hull I added a hopper tank because the flooring is to low to get adequete fuel to the carb.

Hi BigDaddy

Bandit has arrived as yet, hopefully during this week. As you can see from the attached pic, the Champ 21 tunnel is the original type also. Interested to know how your's trims out.

Cheers

GT

PS. You seem to have almost as many boats as me trying to get them together. :)

Rodney, Sounds good...i have wanted to get one of the original Maus one since i first saw one all done up and painted nice...

Something like GT is getting would be nice, because it looks pretty damm good!! Why does it need repainting, it looks fine just the way it is, from what i can see anyway ;)

GT too bad you dont have a 3.5 bandit tunnel...it would be good to have 8)

Kris

GT,

Yeah my boats come and go like no tommorrow. But, I love to paint and build them sometimes more than racing them!

I guy just sold the original Maus 3.5 for $75 on a Classified hobby website. He said I missed buying it literally by 5 minutes. I found out later he shipped it C.O.D. and when he got the check?? it bounced. I always thought COD was cash only.

Latest posts

Back