Mar 31 to Apr 02 Huntsville, Alabama for 2006 Record Trial

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bzubee

Supporting Member
Mar 31

to

Apr 02 Huntsville, Alabama for 2006 Record Trial

06-002RT - Huntsville Model Boating Assn.

Huntsville April Fools FE Record Trials. Brahan Spring Park, South Lake on Drake Ave. 1/16 mile SAW and 1/3 mile OVAL. All IMPBA FE racing classes have preference, plus Nitro and GAS racing classes. Note: Other types of boats will be able to run for records on a time available basis. FE will have 100% priority. No pre-entry required, event starts when system is up and operational, around 8:00AM. Plenty of space for tents and equipment. Call before leaving if weather appears questionable on TV. CD: John Equi, (256) 536-7957, [email protected]

Excellent job guys! I'll let Ed Hughey know as well.

Mar 31

to

Huntsville April Fools FE Record Trials. Brahan Spring Park, South Lake on Drake Ave. 1/16 mile SAW and 1/3 mile OVAL. All IMPBA FE racing classes have preference, plus Nitro and GAS racing classes. Note: Other types of boats will be able to run for records on a time available basis. FE will have 100% priority. No pre-entry required, event starts when system is up and operational, around 8:00AM. Plenty of space for tents and equipment. Call before leaving if weather appears questionable on TV. CD: John Equi, (256) 536-7957, [email protected]

Hi Bill,

I'm going to really try hard to make it over there for this event. It sure is close enough. ;)

Paul.

Great Paul it will be good to see you again. Bob Kernodle decided to offer the Open classes like you had asked about for our May 20-21 race.

FE2 was as good as it gets, great weather, good food and tight competition...

we'll watch the weather, we feel we left some speed on the table with our 32 cell T-Mono "BAM BAM" [only made two passes] and didn't get to run our 24 cell S-Mono...

three SAWS in five months in Valdosta [FE1, Speed Week III, FE2, and another coming up in April in Huntsville...

this is great!

Thanks I.M.P.B.A. B)

Ron

Cool!

Hey man,I tried to call you back....don't have your number now though. Give me another call sometime.

thanks,

Steve

Hi Bill,

I'm going to really try hard to make it over there for this event. It sure is close enough. ;)

Paul.

I guess there's not much sense in us "nitro guys" wasting a trip down if we may not get to run. I will wait for Flint in May.

I may try and make it as well. I would like to see these and this is about as close as it will ever be to Missouri.

Bill,

Not quite sure how you put on a IMPBA record trial and post that one class has preference? :unsure:

Up here in Flint,Michigan we run by the rules in the book,you get on one list and when it is your turn

you get your five minutes to do your thing.(Whatever that is) :D I have heard a lot of stories about

Huntsville and their record trials,but I think I will stay in my own state and try to set the records here.

If we all belong to an organization (IMPBA) I would think all the record trials would be run the same

way? :unsure: I guess I don't understand the two list thing? Also,everyone pays their money to run,

so I think everyone should have an opportunity to run. Just my spin on the subject,but I would hate

to drive 16 hours or more and then just have to watch. :unsure:

Well Good Luck FE Racers,

Go Fast And Straight,

Mark Sholund

Not quite sure how you put on a IMPBA record trial and post that one class has preference?
It's happened that way in IMPBA (and NAMBA for that matter) for quite awhile - where ya been? The FE I and FE II trials in Valdosta gave FE preference, and they were billed as FE events. NAMBA has had FE-only SAWs (no liquid fuel racers at all) for years. That's how it's done - as long as it is announced that way so that no one drives for 16 hours or more and just has to watch.... ;)

Not quite sure how you put on a IMPBA record trial and post that one class has preference?
It's happened that way in IMPBA (and NAMBA for that matter) for quite awhile - where ya been? The FE I and FE II trials in Valdosta gave FE preference, and they were billed as FE events. NAMBA has had FE-only SAWs (no liquid fuel racers at all) for years. That's how it's done - as long as it is announced that way so that no one drives for 16 hours or more and just has to watch.... ;)
Jay,

It has been typically a nitro record trial in the past, so this is why we are surprised of the change.

It's fine, go set some records. :D

"Where Have I Been?" I Have Been In Michigan For 46 Years, :D

Good Luck,

Mark Sholund

Whatever,

I have been to Flint in the past with Ed Hughey and get passed up on your ladder for two passes. FE was considered, in the way. Well, that's passed now and FE is considered by the new IMPBA leadership as something important. I for one am thankful that someone stepped up for FE rights. The event is being ran by the rule books and has been announced as such.

thanks,

Steve Hill

Bill,

Not quite sure how you put on a IMPBA record trial and post that one class has preference? :unsure:

Up here in Flint,Michigan we run by the rules in the book,you get on one list and when it is your turn

you get your five minutes to do your thing.(Whatever that is) :D I have heard a lot of stories about

Huntsville and their record trials,but I think I will stay in my own state and try to set the records here.

If we all belong to an organization (IMPBA) I would think all the record trials would be run the same

way? :unsure: I guess I don't understand the two list thing? Also,everyone pays their money to run,

so I think everyone should have an opportunity to run. Just my spin on the subject,but I would hate

to drive 16 hours or more and then just have to watch. :unsure:

Well Good Luck FE Racers,

Go Fast And Straight,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve,

That must of been awhile ago in Flint,Michigan with Ed. I don't think the FE guys are passed by

at all. Everyone that comes to Flint in the past couple of years has had the same opportunity

to run,know matter if they are running : Gas,Electric or Nitro. :D

Come back to Flint on May 27th and you will see the difference a couple of years makes.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

Great weather on Saturday but no FE racers showed they missed out a some very good water.

Mar 31

to

Sorry the HOTMBC didn't make it, but two SAWs in less than one month plus a large regional race in between makes it difficult to rebuild/refit/replace in time. Besides, we wanted to let some other IMPBA FE racers have a try...sorry no one else made it either. :(

Sorry the HOTMBC didn't make it, but two SAWs in less than one month plus a large regional race in between makes it difficult to rebuild/refit/replace in time. Besides, we wanted to let some other IMPBA FE racers have a try...sorry no one else made it either. :(

four SAWS in eight months...

It was a reality check of sorts for me John... FE-I, Speed Week III, and FE-II all in Valdosta and all in seven months time drained my resources and elevated my stress levels into the red zone according to my Tri-Care doc...

at this time, there are only a hand full of serious FE SAWS competitors out there and between the NAMBA LA SAWS and the I.M.P.B.A. FE Time Trials series in Valdosta we get the chance to show our stuff and we are grateful!

sorry no fast electric folks showed but we are few and far between in the real world and speaking for myself, i can't make em all as much as i'd like to...

Ron :(

I would have liked to be there. :)

But the dates of the race are in direct conflict with "Spring Break"........... :(

If only it was one week later....

Latest posts

Back