MACH 5 racing products now accept PAY PAL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.R.Joye

I've had some requests for PAY PAL option on my `MACH 5 racing' Offshore hardware kits. Check out my website order form if you'd like to use PAY PAL its now available.

Mach 5 Racing Hardware

http://www.mmeu.com/joye/mach.htm

I had PM this earlier, but then I thought others may have the same questions too.

Ken, how much does does your strut and 3/16 rudder combo weigh (No prop shaft or flex)?

Another thing, how do I attach it to my hulls transom? Screws? Epoxy?

How deep does the hardware package penetrate past the transom?

What's the purpose of the large wooden block that you show in your package? (I think this will answer the previous question)

Thanks

Great questions ERIC

I plan on adding the instructional word files to the site to clear up any questions.

In the meantime my struts thru mount thru a 1/8 x 3/4" vertical rectangular hole the installer makes in their transom. the hardwood stick is mounted vertically inside the hull after adjusting the end lengths to fit between the inside of deck and floor of the hull. The edge of the stick is butted to the transom. The strut mounting holes are tranfered to the stick from the strut mount area inside the hull.(protrudes about 1 1/8 inch into the hull depending on transom thickness) 2 holes are drilled in the stick. S/S fasteners are installed holding the strut to the stick. The strut is positioned with rudder to check squareness then the stick is CA'd to tack it, then epoxy the stick in permantly. No exposed fasteners!

In comparison to convention surface mount systems there 6 to 8 less holes to mess with. and there is no heavy transom doubler to worry about. The MACH 5 strut asms are made from rigid lightweight extruded aluminum. I can get you weights if its a concern.

Hope this helps, Ken 8)

ERIC you have it correctly drawn. Wow nice job i may borrow that for my manual.

Patent pending on this setup.

Ken

Latest posts

Back