Mac engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seems to be world's most - not working for 16 weeks - impressive machine :p
The new Mazak that is at CMD is the very latest in state of the art multi axis machines & there are only a few Mazak techs who've even touched one let alone worked on one. You need to keep in mind that these "simple" little engine are anything but when you're trying to tell a machine how to cut one out. From what I've been told the issue is getting the controllers to properly convey the programming. I gotta say that for the amount of coin Andy & the gang laid out for this he's being one very patient individual, don't think I could have been as I would have someone's head on a platter by now. Regardless of that, I like many others have my fingers crossed that the chips will be flying soon. Like Andy said, most of the programs are already written so when things are finally a go they'll hit the ground running. For now there is a nice chunk of $$ sitting in my "boating funds" bank account for when that day arrives. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
seems to be world's most - not working for 16 weeks - impressive machine :p
The new Mazak that is at CMD is the very latest in state of the art multi axis machines & there are only a few Mazak techs who've even touched one let alone worked on one. You need to keep in mind that these "simple" little engine are anything but when you're trying to tell a machine how to cut one out. From what I've been told the issue is getting the controllers to properly convey the programming. I gotta say that for the amount of coin Andy & the gang laid out for this he's being one very patient individual, don't think I could have been as I would have someone's head on a platter by now. Regardless of that, I like many others have my fingers crossed that the chips will be flying soon. Like Andy said, most of the programs are already written so when things are finally a go they'll hit the ground running. For now there is a nice chunk of $$ sitting in my "boating funds" bank account for when that day arrives. B)
Well I do not know of only a few. I just help my cousin start four machines that he had bought used. He has been working on them setting them up for the past month. They were not Mazak's and to tell you the truth I don't remember the brands they were. I was always looking in the back of them working on the controls. Two of these machine were five axis and the other two were eight axis. And this did not include all of the other slides and other functions that these machines would do. The program is not that hard. I know enough to be a danger to everyone. I can get around in the programs but what I do is fix what the machine does not do when it is suppose to do it. So to do this I depend on the best CNC operator with 30 years under his belt that he has in his shop to tell me what the machine is not doing and then I find why is not doing it. These kind of machine take a very good operators with a lot of years on working on CNC's.

I hope that Andy is looking for a good operator.

Mark

Net Faults are one of the toughest things to trouble shoot. BAsically the machine loses track of the data transfer in mid cycle. The only thing to do is to reset and start again. Of course resetting can take upwards of an hour, and any parts in hte cell are scrap. COmmunication problems on automated CNC equipment are a real b****. At my job, we rarely find the root cause of the issue, and usually just wind up replacing a comm card on hte suspect cell. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Hopefully they will get it up and running soon. I'm holding onto my $$$ too, waiting for a new MAC. B) B)

Net Faults are one of the toughest things to trouble shoot. BAsically the machine loses track of the data transfer in mid cycle. The only thing to do is to reset and start again. Of course resetting can take upwards of an hour, and any parts in hte cell are scrap. COmmunication problems on automated CNC equipment are a real b****. At my job, we rarely find the root cause of the issue, and usually just wind up replacing a comm card on hte suspect cell. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Hopefully they will get it up and running soon. I'm holding onto my $$$ too, waiting for a new MAC. B) B)
Us boaters can be thankful that Andy has taken on such a huge project. Having worked in machining for 30 yrs, i can really respect the many challenges Andy will face. Hope Andy is ankle deep in chips soon...... Richard D

So the new Macs are suppose to be the "Cats Meow"? I hope by next fall I will be building another rigger, this time a .21 or maybe even a .45 . I hope by then the reviews from you experts will make the engine choice simple for me "Mac". Is the Mac that much better or will it be that much better than say a CMB?

Thanks Paul

:lol: :p John and Andy must wear on blue hard caps so work hard and still building " MAC II" engines in USA ;) :)

I thought the new line of MAC engines would not be called "MAC" they would be called A/A?

Ryan

I thought the new line of MAC engines would not be called "MAC" they would be called A/A?

Ryan
Ryan there will be 2 lines of motors, the MAC USA which will be the replacement for the current MAC line & the A/A Pro which will be limited production all out race motors. B)

Ryan there will be 2 lines of motors, the MAC USA which will be the replacement for the current MAC line & the A/A Pro which will be limited production all out race motors. B)
Thanks Don. That's even better than what I was thinking. B)

Ryan

Back