Mac 84 New Piston and sleeve

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have info about getting parts for the MAC 84. Also someone on this site said you could install a CMB 80 sleeve if you reduce the sleeve by .40, I assume this is so the ports match the case. If this is done what size motor do you end up with? Thanks!

David Wilfong was the guy that mentioned the CMB liner will fit the MAC 84, with some mods done to the CMB liner. David goes by dwifong on this site. I am sure you can get more info from him. Richard D

The CMB sleeve fits the case as I tried back when I got the latest 80 sleeves that look just like the MAC sleeves and still had my 84's. I believe you'll need to undercut the top lip of the sleeve to get the timing numbers to be right as the MAC case is a tick taller. I think Richard is correct about David posting something to that effect. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a MAC 84 that I have bin using for checking the measurements and the new 80 HR sleeve fits right in . the numbers come out real nice with .040 taken off the top lip of the liner on the bottom side.

All the ports match up real good .

Have not run this eng yet have not had the time.

David

Latest posts

Back