mac .67 .500 carb or 9b

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrotwin

Was wondering if a mac .67 or a 9b carb would fit on a cmb .67 green head thanks JWB

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it will, I have run that for 4 years.

You must make an adapter plate out of 1/16 aluminum and cut off the end of the carb body that goes into the motor. The adapter plate contains the o ring. It works great on my scale.

Brian

Anyone have a pic ? I also have a 9b would that work well?

nitrotwin, the 9b, will bolt directly on to the cmb, i have a purple head hydro 99 and it fit perfect.

Don't let them pull the WOOL over your EYES!!! It is a MAC CARB.............BUT IT IS NOT THE .500.

TRUST ME!!! I will BEAT MONEY ON IT!!! ;) ;) :ph34r:

you can do it with the existing carb.. cut off the neck and dad has put a o-ring groove in them.

i run a 550 on my 67

chris

you can do it with the existing carb.. cut off the neck and dad has put a o-ring groove in them.

i run a 550 on my 67

chris
Absolutely and easier than dealing with goofy adapters in my opinion. Cut most of the neck off leaving just a small step (about .070") to line it up in the drum housing and you can even use a carefully applied thin layer of clear silicone to seal it to the housing face. The .510 or .550 bore carbs both work well on the CMB67, I personally like the .510 on the 67's and the .550 on the 80's in the hydros. For 1/8th scale the OS 9B is still the hot ticket and the stock black CMB carb works extremely well also. B)

That sounds great thanks for the info now I just need to find a used one :rolleyes: I know after a while the barrel sticks on these so I have them modded w/ a new barrel and low end metering

Back