Lynx/Mac Prop Picks ??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waterbug

What are you running and how good is it ?? Prop test time for me ... 40X53, 1440, X442 Lynx Cut, M440, B/C, Cup Pitch...????

I need #'s to tell Mark for my order....

Butch :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo Butchie,

A little birdie from Oz told me........

For a MAC Attack that make's you smile with Glee,

Try a ABC 40x53,

Dia. reduced and cupped 3.33 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gener :ph34r:

Yo Butchie,

Try a ABC 40x53,

Over the last year we ran the following props:

40X53

P220

1440 BC @ 2.5 & 2.7

X440

X442 Lynx spec

X642 Lynx spec

The Lynx spec X442 is faster than the 40X53 & 1440 but if you have the HP, an X642 Lynx spec is the fastest. Let the motor spin. My son's MAC sounds like no other on the water.

The 1440 is the fastest of what has been mentioned above but it is also the most sensitive to the boat setup.

Eric

Gene

I told Tim a long time ago, when he was testing the "Bullet", about the 40X53 ... But he would not give me any #'s on the prop when he found the sweet spot.....

Joe

'' You the Man" !!!!! Again...... It saved me a hundred plus in unusable props..... Some of these will work on the Sport engine to....

Mike

I may need a K&B/ Lynx mount !! I have two Sport B/ Lynx's, need one more.....

Butch ;)

Thank's and keep it coming !!!

Butch, Forgot to say Dia reduced to 38mm ;)

Joe what pipe you running on your sons MAC?

Gene :D

While in Valdosta for Speed Week, I will note all the props & times that we run and post it on here. The Sport 3.5cc record is 30 seconds and some change and that is with my 1440 VRD cut....LOL

-Carl,

Yo Butchie,

Try a ABC 40x53,

Well seeing how Mark J and I are the only ones playing with a Mac / lynx in Oz - I'm a little confused by this thread. Yes - we were using a 40x53 and I've mentioned this on IW before, but I don't know anything about the other specs on it - I didn't "do the prop" and I'd be very surprised if it had 3.3" on it. MJ got the prop from somewhere - it wasn't one of mine.

For all I know it could be a stock prop..............

The pipe we settled on with that prop and engine was a muffled Salisbury Power Pipe (NR21OB with a .290" stinger.) We tested about 4 pipes in 1 day with that prop - the above mentioned one gave the best results.

Just needed to clear this up so there was no confusion.

Tim.

Yo Butchie,

Try a ABC 40x53,

Well seeing how Mark J and I are the only ones playing with a Mac / lynx in Oz - I'm a little confused by this thread. Yes - we were using a 40x53 and I've mentioned this on IW before, but I don't know anything about the other specs on it - I didn't "do the prop" and I'd be very surprised if it had 3.3" on it. MJ got the prop from somewhere - it wasn't one of mine.

For all I know it could be a stock prop..............

The pipe we settled on with that prop and engine was a muffled Salisbury Power Pipe (NR21OB with a .290" stinger.) We tested about 4 pipes in 1 day with that prop - the above mentioned one gave the best results.

Just needed to clear this up so there was no confusion.

Tim.
Tim,

Mark got that prop from me. It is a stock 4053.

-Carl,

Timbo,

You were the first to tell me to try a 40x53, The specs I plugged in for the rhyme were the one that Sholund is doing for me ;)

Thanks Joe I'll check it out :D

Gener B)

Fellas,

ABC makes a 40 x 52/3 or a 40 x 53/2 they are two different propellers.

The 40 x 53/2 is the one that you guys are talking about here on a LYNX.

Happy Holidays,

Mark Sholund

While in Valdosta for Speed Week, I will note all the props & times that we run and post it on here. The Sport 3.5cc record is 30 seconds and some change and that is with my 1440 VRD cut....LOL

-Carl,
It seems that I made an incorrect statement about the prop that was used to break the current Sport Tunnel 1/3rd mile, 2-lap record. I thought we used one of my 1440 props but in fact, it was the ABC 4053 (2-blade).

Just wanted to clear that up.

-Carl,

Oh Geese, I think everybody just ran over to the Other side of the boat :lol:

Your keepin' them phones ringin' Carl :p

-Carl,
It seems that I made an incorrect statement about the prop that was used to break the current Sport Tunnel 1/3rd mile, 2-lap record. I thought we used one of my 1440 props but in fact, it was the ABC 4053 (2-blade).

Just wanted to clear that up.

-Carl,
Carl, I was wondering if that was the case because I didn't see the speed out of the 1440 found in the 40x53 or the others.

Back