• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for Gas Mono Props

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyinFinn

I have an Insane Gas Mono with a modified motor. I am looking for props. Let me know what you have. Also looking for recommendaations for good props to use.

Jeff.

Mike and Jeff,

Try the X-572 and pitch it up a little, you will like it on the Insane Mono.

Take Care Fellas,

Mark Sholund

CALL BOB AUSTIN AND GET A 472 FOR THE INSANE. THAT IS THE BEST ALL ROUND PROP
Well, as a matter of fact, I am running a Bob Austin prepared X472 right now. It is a very good prop. I just wanted to know what others might be recommended as I am new to gas monos. Thanks.

There are a number of PROPS that you can try. Each will make the boat do different things. The more Speed the more the handleing and cornering change. Also the motor and how much Torque Vs Rpm will dictate what you pull. Your hardware is a MAJOR facter in what your run. Also CG and on. Not all informtion given is going to do you good unless you know what to do to the boat to make it good for you.

Needlss to say We moved on from the 572- 472 many moons ago ;) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a number of PROPS that you can try. Each will make the boat do different things. The more Speed the more the handleing and cornering change. Also the motor and how much Torque Vs Rpm will dictate what you pull. Your hardware is a MAJOR facter in what your run. Also CG and on. Not all informtion given is going to do you good unless you know what to do to the boat to make it good for you.
Needlss to say We moved on from the 572- 472 many moons ago ;) ;)
Bigchuck,

Thanks for the tips, but do you have any recommendations?

MR. Insane himself say.....7016/2......................But my last post comes in to play here with this prop!!

There is alot to play into what is the best prop for the insane mono, One prop may work for one guy but sucks for the other.

I had a stock 260 with raised exhaust to 176 and it could pull a MW3 prop.

Put a modded 260 in there and it liked the G20, 7016/2 7016/3 at 67mm ( cut down on dia)

There was one other I liked for speed, Cant remember it tho. H45 maybe.

Some props run great in the streight away, some bog you down in the turns.

Some make it walk really bad. Just test a few out and see what YOU Like and what speeds your getting.

You need to GPS and Check RPMs, While some props make it look faster on the water, it will be slower on GPS.

gen 1 and gen 2 seem to like different props as well.

I race a gen1 and the austin 472 runs real good for heat racing. Runs right around 54-55 or so and stays glued to the buoys at full bore. Its run 57 with a MW3 but would fall off a bit in the turns and wasnt as stable in the turns.

The Voodoo Tater XX is supose to be "THE PROP" for the gen1 Insane from what ive been told.

I race a gen1 and the austin 472 runs real good for heat racing. Runs right around 54-55 or so and stays glued to the buoys at full bore. Its run 57 with a MW3 but would fall off a bit in the turns and wasnt as stable in the turns.

The Voodoo Tater XX is supose to be "THE PROP" for the gen1 Insane from what ive been told.

Jeff won all 4 majors last year with the XX in both mono classes. XX for the gen one.Gregg

Jeff won all 4 majors last year with the XX in both mono classes. XX for the gen one.Gregg
Running it just the way you send them out?

Latest posts

Back