Looking For A Outboard Drive

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronald L Cook

I have been into gas boats for awhile, just getting in to gas tunnels. I have 1 now but the gentlmen does not make the drives anymore. I am putting together tunnel but need to find another drive for a Zenoah. I have seen the Insane but to me it seems a little long, but who knows for sure. Any info would be nice.

Thanks Ron

Ron,

The guys in Fla have had good luck with the extended style gas lower. I tried the Arrowshark but my best luck has been with the Lawless Gas lower. There are a we guys that have used the xray leg from Africa and the Gmorty from Australia. There are many choices out there. Good luck.

I always heard the lawless always broke shafts? But where to find them? You say the guys in Fla had goodluck with the Insanes?

Thanks Ron

Hey Ron.

I don't have any contact lines to him, But Joe Calegro is the guy making a unit that woks and doesn't break shafts!! I won't quote prices or availability but he's the Guy down here!!

Later!!

Pat

Yah Joe c builds what I call the bullet proof lower. I have one , it dosnt brake flexs at all.

ron what issues did you have with the arrowshark? I watched the video of the race looked like greg was coming to get ya..

another A+ recommendation for Tunneltime aka Joe C. He builds a solid lower unit and his newer ones finally look kind of pretty
default_tongue.png

ron what issues did you have with the arrowshark? I watched the video of the race looked like greg was coming to get ya..
Lol. I was feathering the throttle as spending all day switching out the lower and working on the Lawless to help prevent cable breakage kept us from testing props before that first round video. Stock 470 gave us way too much bow lift. I am hoping someone has videos of the later rounds as we made adjustments. Now that we have a breather between now and the next gas tunnel race, we can work on better setups.

Oh, the Arrowshark had gear issues. Upon disassembly and inspection, the vertical gear shaft was bored off-center, causing the eventual failure.

Oh, the Arrowshark had gear issues. Upon disassembly and inspection, the vertical gear shaft was bored off-center, causing the eventual failure.
They were running a 50% off sale a while back, I also bit the bullet and ordered one, glad I didn't!!

My gas tunnel "should" be back in the water this weekend as long as my parts show up Friday, I'll report back to you whether you need to do a lot of practicing or very little
default_tongue.png

here is my 2 cents, Joe makes the best drive around in the US anyways I have one and a pretty fast boat.

Ron I'll give you this for a brand new boat and in one weekend you had the new Thor running as fast as anybody.

what motor was it anyways a 100cc Honda....LOL

so I hope to get some practice in and work on some more boat speed

hope to see you in the fall, maybe I can give all of you some competition

Greg,

Thank you. It was a hard weekend but we made a lot of progress for sure. That motor is a Donnie Padgett Zenoah. He builds great motors for sure. Congrats to you for making another great showing. You are already very competitive and will be making your mark for sure. Looks like we will all be working over the summer to fine-tune setups. I also agree Joe's lower seems to work very well. The Lawless G lower needs a few minor mods and it too can be very reliable. Good luck with testing and I will see you in Charleston.

BTW, Carl has shipped several of the Gas THORS so more of them will be popping up at a race near you.....
default_biggrin.png

Back