• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a 45 carb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wally Teresch

I need a carb for my Picco Blackhead as the stock carb is sticking when snugged down (not even tight yet). Not sure what's best for the hydro but the good old OS seems very popular.

Does anyone have an OS 40a carb they may part with at a reasonable price?

Thanks

Wally

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a carb for my Picco Blackhead as the stock carb is sticking when snugged down (not even tight yet). Not sure what's best for the hydro but the good old OS seems very popular.

Thanks

Wally
Wally empty out the carb. Torque the hsg back onto the intake hsg @ 12 inch lbs. Attempt to install the barrel valve. it sould be tight & sticky. if you have a 60 hydro boom tube? Wrap a small piece of sand paper #320 around the boom tube 2 times. This should fit snug into the bore of the hsg where the barrel went. Go to a running facet with a little dishwashing soap & Roll the tube with the paper around it thru the hsg genlty 3-4 times. the hsg is tight & distorted on the side you have torqued to the intake hsg. IT DOES NOT TAKE MUCH... When you get the barel to fit with a little dishwasking soap on it ?? It is READY to Clean & Assemble. Picco Hones the Hsg bores static... YOu would think by NOW they would know they MUST Stress the hsg before the final hone. You can assembly it & Torqued it onto the engine @ 12 inch lbs again. Now you are ready to Enjoy it for HRS Hrs of Trouble Free Operation. I run Picco Carbs on all of my Picco`s But you need to know this Trick! GREAT CARB.... They just Need to Finish the Deal before they assemble it....... Hope this helps you out & Gets you Running.... jw

Thanks

Wally
Wally empty out the carb. Torque the hsg back onto the intake hsg @ 12 inch lbs. Attempt to install the barrel valve. it sould be tight & sticky. if you have a 60 hydro boom tube? Wrap a small piece of sand paper #320 around the boom tube 2 times. This should fit snug into the bore of the hsg where the barrel went. Go to a running facet with a little dishwashing soap & Roll the tube with the paper around it thru the hsg genlty 3-4 times. the hsg is tight & distorted on the side you have torqued to the intake hsg. IT DOES NOT TAKE MUCH... When you get the barel to fit with a little dishwasking soap on it ?? It is READY to Clean & Assemble. Picco Hones the Hsg bores static... YOu would think by NOW they would know they MUST Stress the hsg before the final hone. You can assembly it & Torqued it onto the engine @ 12 inch lbs again. Now you are ready to Enjoy it for HRS Hrs of Trouble Free Operation. I run Picco Carbs on all of my Picco`s But you need to know this Trick! GREAT CARB.... They just Need to Finish the Deal before they assemble it....... Hope this helps you out & Gets you Running.... jw
Joe Knows PICCO mine has never stuck

Latest posts

Back