****Lone Star Model Boat Club Fall Classic Houston, TX Oct 6,7,8 *****

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand 40 will, not sure about 90.
I'm pretty sure 90 Hydro will make. Philip and I will be coming down from Ft. Worth and I believe Mr. Stone and Mr. Harrison will be in attendance as well.

Who's running in 40 Hydro?

-Buck-

Talked with the CD and he mentioned that the BBQ cook off scheduled for that weekend was pushed to the following weekend. The club has a few briskets left over that they are cooking to feed everyone. Still we be a great time!

On behalf of the HOTMBC I want to thank the members of the Lone Star club for hosting a wonderful event, and for once again inviting us FE boaters to participate. The weather and water were great, the barbeque was delicious, and the racing was tops. With 7 boaters in four FE classes we had a lot of water time, and the club made us feel welcome as usual. We cannot wait for the next LSMBC event - count us in!

I just returned from the Lone Star Model Boat Club's Fall Classic where they hosted an 18 Scale Hydro heat where we had five Miss Vegas competitors. This was my first race and I came home with the First Place trophy thanks to everyone's good advise (along with John Finch's Powerboat Racing booklet for basic racing knowledge)!

A good pitman was VERY important for a new racer and thanks goes out to the Number One pitman Jason Claborn (a class act) and his dad Wade Claborn, the race CD.

Thanks also goes out to the Lone Star Model Boat Club - a great group of guys that accepted a newbie and also hosted this new class - 18 scale hydro. I will be definitely be moving up into some faster boats in some faster classes after I perfect my driving skills.

For this (near stock) race, I think the most important things were: breaking in the engine with about 3/4 gallon of 30% fuel; lots of playing around with the needle to get it just right and then leaving it alone, a polished Twisted Liquid 2-blade metal prop; lubricating the drive shaft between heats; adjusting the strut to require a good toss to start it on plane (although still being able to get it back up on plane with some work if things don't go as planned); sanding the bottom with 600 grit paper (and squareing up the sponsons); using a polished, sharpened, and bent turn fin for left-hand turn corrections (which by-the-way there are a lot of when you are a new driver); and who knows how many other small tweaks and adjustments of the boat and controls that helped; and the MOST important - getting an experienced pitman to help you learn the racing ropes!

Thanks to eveyone!

Jh15621.jpg

Clint, I know for a fact that there were atleast two camera's that caught the "dive". :D How about sharing that one to?

It was nice to meet you. After seeing you win Martin, Dan and I said, He'll be back.

Glad to have you in this great hobby.

See ya.....

Yeah I though that picture was going to have some water flying in it too!!!

It was a good weekend and the best weather you could ask for in south Texas.

Yep, had a great time too.

Russell (The white boat) Bear

Nice to meet ya Buck$hot....
Good to meet you and Dan as well. It's always nice to put a face with the name.

It was also good to see some folks that I hadn't seen in a long time.

Thanks again to Wade and Mr. Harrison.

-Buck-

p.s. what where the results in 40 and 90 hydro, we had to leave so that we could get home before dark.

-Buck-

40 hydro was 1st Russell "that white boat" Bear, 2nd was you 3rd was me.

I don't remember for 90 hydro.

yall lucky i had to go with my son to play soccer , if i would have been there, boy, i would have had fun too. congrats russell.

I just returned from the Lone Star Model Boat Club's Fall Classic where they hosted an 18 Scale Hydro heat where we had five Miss Vegas competitors. This was my first race and I came home with the First Place trophy thanks to everyone's good advise (along with John Finch's Powerboat Racing booklet for basic racing knowledge)!

A good pitman was VERY important for a new racer and thanks goes out to the Number One pitman Jason Claborn (a class act) and his dad Wade Claborn, the race CD.

Thanks also goes out to the Lone Star Model Boat Club - a great group of guys that accepted a newbie and also hosted this new class - 18 scale hydro. I will be definitely be moving up into some faster boats in some faster classes after I perfect my driving skills.

For this (near stock) race, I think the most important things were: breaking in the engine with about 3/4 gallon of 30% fuel; lots of playing around with the needle to get it just right and then leaving it alone, a polished Twisted Liquid 2-blade metal prop; lubricating the drive shaft between heats; adjusting the strut to require a good toss to start it on plane (although still being able to get it back up on plane with some work if things don't go as planned); sanding the bottom with 600 grit paper (and squareing up the sponsons); using a polished, sharpened, and bent turn fin for left-hand turn corrections (which by-the-way there are a lot of when you are a new driver); and who knows how many other small tweaks and adjustments of the boat and controls that helped; and the MOST important - getting an experienced pitman to help you learn the racing ropes!

Thanks to eveyone!
That is Fantastic Clint! Congrats on your first Race and Win! How Exciting!!! Did you get Water Baby Wetted? :D

I hope that all the other Clubs and Districts follow this example and include an 18 Hydro Class in their next Race Flyer. Include the 18 RTR Class and FE Classes in your next race Flyer and see what happens guys! The worst that would happen is no entrys and therefore you delete the class.

Congrats Again Clint!! :D

Latest posts

Back